Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Door jamb thoughts?

I'm thinking of bed lining the door jamb. I'm thinking of doing the hinge pillar part only and on the inside jamb of the door. The upper side of the jamb will be only paint. I have already done the front section of the lower cowl. What do you guys think?

img_1513-(3).jpg

A little help for installing the bolts when rehanging the doors. I've been running a tap through every spot that gets a bolt throughout the whole front clip.

img_1514.jpg

Low enough to be below the hinge? Thinking alinement issues.
Would it be painted over with body color? Leaving it black may look or come across that something is being hid underneath.

Nope, above the hinges. It shouldn't have any affect on alignment. It is paintable and will be colored over. I took it upon myself to go for it.

img_15212.jpg

So by the lack of responses I presume you guys don't like it?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
The only person that would see or know it's there would be you. That would also provide extra protection?

Fellro

Staff member
Might help with noise. The rust usually comes from the other side...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I see no harm in it...no one should see it. Rust protection is a plus.

Might help with noise. The rust usually comes from the other side...

Meaning from the inside of the cab? If you look at the picture of the tap in the door hinge bolt you can see the rust build up that was there. From what it looks like the factory put the doors on before any primer or paint hit the cab. Neither side of the hinge mount had any paint. I'm going to do the hinge side of the door as well and I've already done the hinge. After a 12 hour soak in electrolysis it came out real clean. I hit it with some paint stripper and they went to bare metal. Coated with bedliner and they look great. Like Doug said the only one that will know its there is me and the added protection will be a plus.

I've been contemplating doing the lower step of the cab jamb where your shoe always scuffs the paint. This bedliner lays out real nice and I think it would be hardly noticeable once painted.

Thanks for not busting my chops, I was a little worried that you guys might of thought it was foolish.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I could see it looking good once color coated. I've seen some cars from the factory that have a texture coating on the rockers that's been painted over, and it seems to come out nicely.

Fellro

Staff member
The inside of the cowl and drains is where most of the rust typically forms from, considering as you noticed, there really isn't much for paint protection.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts