Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Heater Core...

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Turned my heat on and get steam outta the vents, any tricks on how to get this done on a AC equipped truck?

Also, how do i know if its a high output heater or regular?

HO heaters have a larger heater core.
That's it.

There are a few articles online that describe the r&r of a heater core with a/c .

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
No high output heater option for A/C trucks that I'm aware of. Don't get an aluminum core, stick with the brass.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Whats wrong with the aluminum core?

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
How much crappyer is the aluminum one...cause there only 18 bucks :)

Check out: Texas Cooling and their cores

How much crappyer is the aluminum one...cause there only 18 bucks :)

If money is an issue then go with an aluminum but be aware that the OE gasket is going to need cutting and is really going to suck once it is installed. I tried one of those aluminum cores and cut my gasket and tried to make it work. I finally gave up and searched my $$$ off to find a brass core which led me to the Mustang place.

None of the big companies are making them in brass anymore, they have all went with that Spectra pile of dung.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Buy brass if you can. I've replaced the aluminum POS 4 times this year in my 90.
Lifetime warranty, but who the hell likes taking the truck apart 4 times for the same thing

You may be able to repair the brass one, depending where it went bad

Ford Truck Articles