Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New guy just joined (recruited)

Rick (rsalter66) sent me the link for this place. I figured I'd join up and see how it goes, I see quite a few familiar names here. My name is Scott and I'm from Northern Illinois. I have a 79 F-250 with a 70 429 motor and a 79 Bronco that I just completed a restoration on. My DD is an 06 crew PSD or my Peterbilt.

1dsc01507.jpg

Waiting on a set of 35" Cepek Fun Country II's to come in for it and it will be done.

dsc02501.jpg

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow! Gorgeous trucks. Please stick around so we can ask tons of questions about them :) Welcome to the site brother :wavey:

Velcome to site :)

Zoom Zoom !

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Oh man!! I'm seriously drooling. How about some more pics of the Ol Pete?? :D

welcome Ranger

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
My Pete isn't that old. It is an 03 and I use it for mostly heavy haul.

15-tee.jpg
Ok, NOW I'm horny! :D What's under her hood?? How much can a rig like her pull?? I love big rigs and so does my little guy, Tyler. He wants me to buy one so I can give him a ride. Yeah, right, I got that kinda money laying around. Hahahaha

smilieleghump It has a 475 Cat motor upgradeable to a 550, I have not done the upgrade yet.... 18 speed trans with 3.55 rears. That piece of concrete on the back weighed in at 86,000lbs. It was 14'6" wide and 61' long. Yesterday the last payment was sent out in the mail for it so it's mine, ALL MINE!!!!! What a good feeling that was, the payment on the truck was more than my mortgage payment.

Last edited:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
smilieleghump It has a 475 Cat motor upgradeable to a 550, I have not done the upgrade yet.... 18 speed trans with 3.55 rears. That piece of concrete on the back weighed in at 86,000lbs. It was 14'6" wide and 61' long. Yesterday the last payment was sent out in the mail for it so it's mine, ALL MINE!!!!! What a good feeling that was, the payment on the truck was more than my mortgage payment.
CONGRATS!! That's awesome. So is that truck!! I'm betting 86K isn't it's limit though, is it? Even with that engine. My God that's alot of weight!! So the load was 86K, what is the truck and trailer? More or less, total weight??

Total weight truck, trailer and concrete was right at 133,000lbs. The trailer is an expandable tri-axle heavy bastard. I have hauled as high as 91,000 on it but that is about the max.

Thanks Paul.

I saw that Brad, I can post some Q's on my 6.0 if need be in one spot.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
My last tri axle had a 475 kitty . Sweet when you feel it vibrating you foot shift .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts