Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Paint Code

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
On my door warranty plate, the exterior paint code is PR. I was looking at TCP global's color library to see what the cost of paint is through them and the 2 colors listed on the 1975 ford truck chart was Vineyard Gold (chip looks different than what is on my truck) and Seqouia Brown. I was looking at another chart on Fordification's website and the R is medium ginger metallic and nothing listed as P for 1975 which I'm assuming would still be Vineyard Gold. Why wouldn't P be listed for 1975? Only reason why I'm wondering is because the Vineyard Gold the TCP global lists just looks off compared to my truck. I know paint changes over 30 years and chip charts can be deceiving, but I just want to make sure since I'm thinking about keep original colors.

Here is a pic of my 75 for those who haven't seen.
IMG_4425.jpg

Here is the link to Fordification
http://www.fordification.net/tech/vin_extpaint.htm

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
The colors look just like the camper special truck in that recreation section with the camper that Duncan posted, but Vineyard gold isn't listed in the color combo and the next closest thing would be sandpiper yellow for 1974. However, P in the link posted by mm does say Vineyard gold for 75 and in 74 it's a green. Vineyard gold just looks too different than what I've got. But, I suppose that's what it is. Sequoia Brown is correct for sure.

Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
What color is inside on the the cab ceiling ?

Unless under the headliner is different, it's the Brown, along with the rest of the interior. It's probably not going to matter too much because I keep thinking about it and rather than going through all the trouble of trying to mask and tape for the 2 toning, I think I may end up going with a neutral color like beige all one color. If I had better working conditions and space, I'd spend the time, but with what I have to work with, it would be too much of a pain. We'll see. I keep changing my mind from day to day.

I'm going to highjack my own thread, but rather than starting a new one, would anyone have a gas cap like the one that on my front auxillary tank? The rear incorrect one just looks like a sore thumb on that side.

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
I have one on my 77....but it is welded on???

Would you like the 75 codes so you don't have to guess ?

Vineyard Gold and Sequoia Brown are correct for that Door Plate

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That is what my 75 book sez as well :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again

Ford Truck Articles