Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Parking job..

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I think he was talking about the lack of hub lockouts... I looked too but I couldnt tell from the distance the picture was taken.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think he was talking about the lack of hub lockouts... I looked too but I couldnt tell from the distance the picture was taken.

Yeah I couldn't definitively tell if there were lockouts either...but that wouldn't even be a tell tale sign either...it could've had autohubs.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It would sit higher than that if it was 4wd.

Can't always tell by that either. I can't tell you how many guys ask if my rigs are 4x4's...so obviously they don't judge by height. On top of that, take a look at my '73 Waggy in my gallery when it was stock...does it really look like a 4x4? Only REAL ways to know is to see the front diff or a tcase, and of course if you can actually identify if there are manual lock outs.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
actually they're 235/75/15's on 15x10 aluminums.....and yes I know it's bad to lock a 4wd drive into gear with different size tires...same with different gear ratios in the diffs.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
You can easily tell there is no hubs up front. I got suspended in high school for parking on a snow pile, i was late, and wasnt parking in the JR lot, its nasty and id have to walk to school from there. Called me down and was like you cant do that, was like no one else can. Ha

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You can easily tell there is no hubs up front. I got suspended in high school for parking on a snow pile, i was late, and wasnt parking in the JR lot, its nasty and id have to walk to school from there. Called me down and was like you cant do that, was like no one else can. Ha

HAHAHA...that's a funny story...and no I still can't definitively tell that there are no hubs up front.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
PLEEEEEEASE tell me how you can do that? How can wheels/rims tell you that? If you meant tires...tell me how you can tell from tire size? My guess is they're a 29-31" tire up front. There a pleeeeeeeeeenty of 4x4's that came with/have tires in the 30" range.

Don't blow a cork dude.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You can just tell by looking at his front wheels it's not a 4x4.
Just cropped, blew up, and enhanced the photo a little bit... Upon closer inspection-- his hubs do look too small to have lockouts:

2copylj2.jpg

Still I say at the picture size he posted-- one could not definitely conclude it was 2wd :p

Paco

Tennessee Chapter member
His frame looks tweaked because the side steps are missing on the cab,which lineup with the bottom of the flareside bed.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts