Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

printed circuits

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Are the printed circuits on the back of the instrument clusters interchangable if they both have gauges or are they year specific. I am changing the back plastic out from my 75 and i have one from an early 80s econoline. The 75 does have the low fuel econ light. Thanks

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Listed below is a quote from Bill(numberdummy) on a similar question asked on another site. I have recently seen new printed circuit boards for sale, but I can't for the life of me find it right now.

"The cluster back, printed circuit and gauges from a 1981/90 Econoline interchange with the 1975/79 F100/350, 1975/80 Econoline, 1978/79 Bronco cluster with oil/amp gauges."

There are a couple of exceptions to that because of the plastic connector.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Thanks Doug, that's what I thought I remembered from Bill.

Dennis, I must have an exception than, cuz my 75 printed circuit looks alot different than the 80s econoline one I have or can it be made to work. Anyway, I ended up swapping my 75 circuit over to the newer plastic back and then just put the econoline circuit on my 75 backing just to have it together and by looking at the two, it's clearly different and I don't think I can substitute my 75. Is there anything else I could use for what I have or do I have to get another that looks like mine. BOTP has one for 75 and gauges it is $114, yikes. Nothing wrong with mine now (I think), but wondering for future. Originally I was just going to go with a newer one that I know works. Here is what I have just to show.

Circuit # D5TF10C956 AA
2013-01-31_13-02-28_774.jpg

Circuit # D6TF10C956B CA ( I think)
2013-01-31_13-02-21_467.jpg

Ford Truck Articles