Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Supercab Front Bench Seat

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Is the Supercab split front bench seat the same as the Bronco? I was going to get a new seat cover and supercabs aren't listed, but Broncos with the split front bench are. Thanks

Buck , you know Bill would be the one to ask. Seems like it would have made good sense for Ford to use the same seat in both. Especially since most Broncos had buckets. But something is telling me there's a difference. I doubt enough difference for a cover though.

From what i have read the super cab and the bronco share the same floor pan which is a little different than a single cab floor. I never did check it when i had both of them ,but they are gone now. So if the floor pan is the same the seats should work out the same i would think.

Sorta BTDT :) I put a '91 F150 Super Cab's bench seat in my '91 Bronco. :)

I inherited the '91 F150 SC and the dangged bench seat hurt my -good- back! :/

Just think of how bad it was on my stepfather's -bad- back. :(

Sorry friggin Ford. :/ <---YMMV on that? ;)

Here's two seat frames, one's from a '75 F100 SC and the other is from the '91
F150 SC, guess which one is which... ;)
seat-springs.jpg

Ford effectively left out -half- the springs! :(
No kidding.
It really sucked.

And the springs weren't just "missing" Ford left-out half the spring-holders, so it
weren't-no-accident, it was on purpose.

Floors are different so the "legs" on the seats need to be swapped from certain
years to other years but otherwise they "fit" like the others have said.

I posted this stuff on the Gen. 8-9 forum about a year and a half ago.
I wonder how many added springs to their seats? ;)

Running down a few of Ford's decisions on a Ford forum is a sure fired way to win
friends. ;)

Take a close look at them sagged-out "square wave" springs! :/ They're made of a
softer-hard-drawn-wire than the "sine wave" type springs. The seat was doomed
for failure. And somebody in Ford knew it too, you know it? ;)

The bench seat in my '90 F250 (regular cab) parts truck was a soft-spongy piece
of crap too. :/ It's a "thin wire+little coil springs" type system. So doubling up
(or a little more?) on the little coil springs would maybe fix it too? :)

Alvin in AZ
ps- And the soft piece of rubber crap the '91 SC seat-back rested on was shot at
66k miles. The hard plastic ones that were on the '75 SC's seats were like new at
147k miles and 16 more years.
pps- I only like Ford trucks. I don't like cars of any brand.
ppps- How you like my indoor/outdoor carpet? LOL :)
pppps-
seat-springs1.jpg

Last edited:
For a short time i had a 79 F-100 that needed a seat. I used one from a 89 ,a bench ,looked almost like the 79 bench, but it was very hard to relax in it . Even with using the 79 tracks so it would bolt it, I had to shim the front up about one inch.It still felt like i was sliding forward and it had less springs but more foam padding than the 79. Looked good but i never did like it.

Ford Truck Articles