Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Swap meet score!!!!

Found all of this today at the Jefferson, Wi swap meet.

tilt column, 50 bucks

antenna's, 5 bucks each

CB/radio antenna splitter, 2 bucks

2 sets of rear cargo covers for a Bronco, 20 bucks

The best part is one of the antenna's is a factory CB antenna and the other is a correct truck/Bronco retractable antenna. The guy had absolutely no clue what he had.

img00036201009251704.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Very nice Scott..what kind of shape is the steering wheel in?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just wondered...seems tough to find one in good shape!

I got all of the rest of the stuff in the basement Shaun. That antenna was the icing on the fawking cake today! You have no idea how stoked I was when that guy said 5 bucks! I was like WTF, SOLD!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Oh, that's even better. I didn't know you had a second setup already. I would love to find a factory CB setup from another 1980, but I have never seen one in my life. I think it's safe to say they're more rare than the 6th gen setups. It's a shame that only a few people ordered factory CB's for their trucks.

Five dollars is definitely a great deal though. I bet it didn't take you any time to think that over.lol.

I was actually talking to someone yesterday about the Fall Jefferson and how it sucks cause i'm not closer to it. I would love to go there some day.

Last edited:
It was an all day event and we probably walked 10 miles today. I didn't find this till about a 1/2 hour till we were ready to leave.

This antenna makes #4 that I now have. Odds are I'll put this on ebay and recover all of my money spent today with the proceeds from it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Are they the cruise control ones?....and if so, what kind of condition are they in?..thanks!

Swap meets are non existent here.

And to think I almost told my buddy at 7AM this morning I wasn't going to go. This meet in Jefferson is huge and happens twice a year.

cruise control is established by the horn pad,
the steering wheels are all the same

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Nice score Scott. Just wondering, I have one of those CB/Radio splitters I just kept from an old Bronco. Are they tough to find and worth anything? I won't use mine ever.

They are tough to find if you don't find a complete vehicle with the CB system. A lot of guys won't pull the splitter as it seems most think any antenna will work. That splitter could be used to run a regular CB antenna with the OE system with an adaptor. Thanks Buck.

So after digging thru all my stuff the antenna makes 3 complete kits that I now have. One of those kits consists of a NOS control box with the protective guard, NOS wire harness on left side of pic and an NOS mic. I wonder what a complete kit with antenna would sell for? Anyone care to take a guess.

dsc04031.jpg

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Definitely more than I could care for.

Are all three of your sets for Dentsides Scott? Do you know the first year for the CB option? My 80 catalog lists the option, but Hans' 81 catalog doesn't. It must've died out after 1980. I've never even seen one in a 1980 in my life.

78 was the first year for it. I don't know how long it went on after that. The only difference that I know of for 80-up is a change in the mic. I don't remeber what it was but there was one button added to the later model mics.

And yes all 3 sets are for dentsides.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts