Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

v4...The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Ranger429;599324A case of mirroritis the wrong VIN and loose trim. [url said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390772663030?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT[/url]

I'll go check it out for ya.... :D

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
$40,000 for a mutt? No way get that Corvette engine out of it, Chebby motors don't belong in a Ford. That Chebby motor is an insult to that Ford. I paid way less money than that for my F-150 Ranger Lariat last summer, and mine's a purebred all Ford to boot, and mine is also a true Ranger Lariat , and it's a factory Trailer Special as well. It looked nice for a Lariat clone. Although I might be running a Chebby style HEI distributor, and a Chebby coolant recovery tank, but what I did for a coolant recovery tank was because the Chebby tank was shorter so it would clear an A/C line. Other that mines all Ford, power by Ford in a Ford, Chebby power in a Chebby, and that's the way it should be, but I'll say at least he didn't try to power it with a Prius driveline . But I'm a purist to a point about old Fords.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I agree that they are rather sweet looking two wheel drives, and both appear to be Ranger Lariats, like mine, but the brown or burgundy one has a 460 in it but it was overdone with the moldings, he had wide molding and wheel well opening trim and the racetrack style trim on it, they look better with just the racetrack style trim on it like mine, or the racetrack style trim and wheel opening trim combination like on fatherdoug's truck
P

I agree that they are rather sweet looking two wheel drives, and both appear to be Ranger Lariats, like mine, but the brown or burgundy one has a 460 in it but it was overdone with the moldings, he had wide molding and wheel well opening trim and the racetrack style trim on it, they look better with just the racetrack style trim on it like mine, or the racetrack style trim and wheel opening trim combination like on fatherdoug's truck
P

Nope, that blue and white 77 is not a Lariat. Lariat's didn't come out until 78. It is however priced right for what it is. That body would make a great 4wd swap candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles