Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Vacuum leak diagnosis suggestions

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Vince, can you water it down for me? I sit in a cubicle and do debits and credits in a banking system.

What do you mean "fuel trims?"

Ryan

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Hi Vince,

I'll get this exhaust buttoned up as soon as the dang headers arrive (downside of ebay sellers, they don't ship as fast). Do you think it's worth putting on a new HEGO sensor while it's all apart?

Ryan

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hi Vince,

I'll get this exhaust buttoned up as soon as the dang headers arrive (downside of ebay sellers, they don't ship as fast). Do you think it's worth putting on a new HEGO sensor while it's all apart?

Ryan
Can't hurt. After all that's where the pcm realizes if you're lean or rich.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
f your truck cam into my bay, fuel trims are the first thing ] look at. sft (short fuel trim) is the adjustment that the pcm makes fir immediate "repairs" LFT is the adjustment made for larger problems.

Excellent suggestion and explanation of SFT and LFT here and downstream, but how can he look at those on his EEC-IV system without spendy equipment?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Exhaust is getting done today or tomorrow or something. The shop owners cut me a deal because we're friends, but because of it I am low on the customer service totem pole.

Turns out I had a little leak somewhere on the fuel neck that made them nervous to weld. So it got shelved a couple days until they had enough time to pull the tank when welding the exhaust in.

So close................... yet.......... so far.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts