Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had driven my Dent to my 9:05 Calculus 1 class at Cornell University, and while doing a few errands after class, and later today I had fixed the position of the trailer brake controller box under the dash, for it was hanging by one bolt, so it was hanging at an angle, and it looked crap, hanging like that under the dash, I had put two bolts in the bracket and screwed them into holes that were in the sides of the controller box, so now it is hanging straight and parallel to the bottom of the dash, so that it looks like a factory piece now, for my Dent is an F-150 Ranger Lariat Trailer Special.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Yesterday I had my Dent in the local Veteran's Day Parade, here in Ithaca, New York, and the people just thought it was great, and the little kids just loved it. Today I had just driven it to my Calculus class at Cornell University, and back home as well

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Blew some dust off Red, and used the Bronco to jump start my bro's Sploder.

New paint for Rosie

I finally got a fresh coat of paint on my 78 F-250, flat black of course. It's my favorite color for a old pick up. She's going to be my daily driver for a while now. I'm Happy Happy Happy smilieFordlogo

Attachments

• 1381508_540489862696302_354529068_n.jpg
  • 1378435_540489892696299_1891944243_n.jpg
  • 1382430_540489952696293_1384112046_n.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Looks nice. It should serve you well.

The '78 Ford shop manual is posted in the manuals subforum of the Gen 6 trucks.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I finally got a fresh coat of paint on my 78 F-250, flat black of course. It's my favorite color for a old pick up. She's going to be my daily driver for a while now. I'm Happy Happy Happy smilieFordlogo

The lines on your truck look straight! Body is in good shape....looks good, happy for you!

The lines on your truck look straight! Body is in good shape....looks good, happy for you!

She ia a solid old truck with very little rust. It spent most of it's life in Arkansas, they dont rust much there. Lots of minor dents in tops of bedsides, the flat black does a good job of hiding those. She has seen her share of work.
She has a 400, T-18, Dana 60 with 3:73's. Runs nice with fresh tune-up and new carb. Gas mileage not so nice. I drive about 90% in town...only getting a best of 8.6 mpg. I only drive about 4000 - 5000 per year so it's not really much of an issue. I enjoy driving it therefore I'm not worried about mpg. :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
She ia a solid old truck with very little rust. It spent most of it's life in Arkansas, they dont rust much there. Lots of minor dents in tops of bedsides, the flat black does a good job of hiding those. She has seen her share of work.
She has a 400, T-18, Dana 60 with 3:73's. Runs nice with fresh tune-up and new carb. Gas mileage not so nice. I drive about 90% in town...only getting a best of 8.6 mpg. I only drive about 4000 - 5000 per year so it's not really much of an issue. I enjoy driving it therefore I'm not worried about mpg. :)

In town with almost 9 is pretty darn good for this rigs....but like you, a few thousand miles a year, so I could care less if I got 5 mpg's....I have so much fun driving it.

Loaded it up to get ready for it's final trip with me.
img_1963.jpg

Yes it is a sad day but you should see the free space that opened up in my garage now!! That old 47 IH wont take up near the space this truck did. The new powerstroke is going to get a workout dragging this thing down there. Been tempted to pull it down with my motorhome, fuel mileage wont be that much difference.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That IH sounds like a cool project.

Winterizing and prepping for her 6 month hibernation in an unheated shop.

36900223-EBB1-4AB8-AA99-7C4657DC0B92-355-0000003AE1DEBF3D_zps02905e6a.jpg

The cold is here... :(

Derek.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Winterizing and prepping for her 6 month hibernation in an unheated shop.

The cold is here... :(

Derek.

It's cold here to. :(

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

Not normally. I did lift the rear of my truck this year, because it's got a 600 pound engine and tranny sitting in the box.

These trucks don't seem to sag out, even though they are nearly 40 years old.

Derek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles