Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1971 F600 brakes

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Okay, so the truck has to be running to bleed the system?

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Well, bleeding them wasn't too bad once I figured the system out. Stops pretty good for its age too. Although I'm pretty sure big truck brakes haven't evolved much in the past 40ish years. I'm sure it'll need more fine tuning but at least I can get it someplace to do so safely....

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Did it have to be running?.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Nope. Just me, a bottle of brake fluid, a cheap bleeder kit, and a stick...

I still need to do the corners, but that's this weekend,l and I might need to pick up another bottle of fluid considering the color of the crap that came out of the line from the m/c...

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'd flush it until it comes out clear.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Thought about starting a new thread...

Brake light circuit, is it run like it's smaller siblings?

I'm lacking one tail and both brakes. Have a new switch, but it's different than what's in the truck and I can't seem to locate an original style. As soon as I get a pig tail and the switch in I'll be able to trace it..

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I would imagine so Eric...I'm pretty sure I have a diagram for them...I can scan it tomorrow if you want.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I just went and looked Eric....I only have the 1970 here...I have a 1971 book sitting waiting for pickup...doesn't do you much good though.
I'm guessing they would be pretty similar between the 2 years.

Ford Truck Articles