Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2009-10 Snow Fall totals

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I will post pics when I figure out if I can get the plow to work with the tractor

lostinfords

New Jersey Chapter member
if you can't get it to work you can buy my wheelhorse w/ the plow, goes the length of the frame underneath, wheel weights and snow chains and a mower deck.... an all season mower, also has a trailer hitch ball for moving trailers, I should have taken a pic if the garden tractor moving my 21 ft cuddy cabin boat on a trailer

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Ok I finally figured out how to make it work. To keep it Ford friendly the plow lifts via a belt tensioner off of a Mercury Mountaineer and for weight in the back I have drums from an aerostar for now.

plow01.jpg

plow02.jpg

plow03.jpg

weight01.jpg

...and now that I rigged this up it will never snow again :rofl2: It is not the best of ideas but it is functional. I need to test it in some snow. For a total cost of $150 I don't think I did too bad. I need to get some chains now. Cheap hopefully.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
It might get up to 48 here this weekend which will be like a heat wave lol

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
About an inch or so fell last night. Lame. The good storm is supposed to come Friday or Saturday. We shall see.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Feb 5 Tonight

Cloudy with snow showers this evening and steady snow likely after midnight. Low around 25F. Winds NE at 20 to 30 mph. 1 to 3 inches of snow expected.

Feb 6 Tomorrow

Snow during the morning will transition to snow showers during the afternoon. High near 25F. Winds NNE at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected.

Other reports say up to a foot. :rofl: I guess I'll give the eyewitness weather when I open up the door tomorrow morning LOL.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
...and for weight in the back I have drums from an aerostar for now....and now that I rigged this up it will never snow again :rofl2: It is not the best of ideas but it is functional. I need to test it in some snow. For a total cost of $150 I don't think I did too bad. I need to get some chains now. Cheap hopefully.

You may want to try to scare up some more heavy stuff, if you're getting a foot of snow tomorrow.

I've got a '70 John Deere 112 with a plow. Not a whole lot bigger than what you're running...but the tractor weighs around 650 lbs (probably 150 more than yours), I've got a 30 or 40 lb weight bolted to each rear wheel, and a custom box filled with around 120 lbs of die steel mounted on the back. It'll still spin chained up tires when you try to push a lot of snow...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
We got 2 inches of snow! Waste of time LOL.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
You may want to try to scare up some more heavy stuff, if you're getting a foot of snow tomorrow.

I've got a '70 John Deere 112 with a plow. Not a whole lot bigger than what you're running...but the tractor weighs around 650 lbs (probably 150 more than yours), I've got a 30 or 40 lb weight bolted to each rear wheel, and a custom box filled with around 120 lbs of die steel mounted on the back. It'll still spin chained up tires when you try to push a lot of snow...

I want to get some wheel weights too. Preferably some used ones. I'm trying to keep this as cheap as possible so I keep checking Craigslist. My neighbor gave me some free chains and they worked well for the little amount of snow we had today. Hopefully we get more snow so I can really figure out how much weight I need for traction. The 4 drums I have right now seem ok, but definitely not the best.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I think we got about 14 inches this time. Started out using my tractor, but knocked a chain off the drive wheel so that ended using that for the day. Took care of everything with snow blowers. I helped out a friend and plowed all night from Wed to Thurs. Hope everyone enjoyed the snow and was safe shoveling or plowing.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yeah it snowed. Even the snowmen are getting upset!

203-hanged-snowman.jpg

:rofl2:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
We are suppose to get a foot or so starting after midnight. Woohoo!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'll try to take some pics too. Supposed to be out the next 2 days plowing.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
We got around 17 inches of snow. I've been out plowing the past 3 days.

Thursday: 9:00am to 7:00pm
Friday: 1:30am to 3:30pm
Saturday: 3:30am to 7:30pm

Never went to sleep Thursday night and only slept for 4 hours Friday night. Someone wake me up went spring comes :rofl2:

Ford Truck Articles