Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

360 Fe issues

Have you checked the dwell,made sure the cam of the dist has been lubricated,the V/A is tested with a vacuum tester?

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
also check the distributor breaker plate in the distributor,if it is failing your point gaps will not be consistant and prone to closing along with timing variations.i have experienced and replaced quite a few back in the day.Use the dwell meter as Dennis stated if the reading changes change the plate.

Last edited:
sound like I should upgrade? ..I think I'm just going to rebuild the ol girl... or sell her... how much you think she would go for? 1000? just exploring my options...

BuzzGun79

Upgrading is your choice imo,from your compression readings she is getting tired,without seeing the vehicle i cannot give you an honest selling price.best advice i can give you is do the math and take into consideration the condition of the vehicle overall and how much you want to put into it.ask yourself is the vehicle really worth the effort and cost.sometimes it is best to cut you losses other than to invest in something that may nickel and dime you to death along with the vehicle not being worth it(speaking in general i am not slamming on the vehicle by no means),and look for a better vehicle in all honesty.

SAM_0573.jpg

BuzzGun79

Shane..that rig is a keeper imo and well worth more than a 1,000 even if you did not do another thing to it.To give you an idea i paid 4k for mine as a rolling unit with no engine or transmission in it.mine came from the west had an excellant body as well along with suspension modifications.

July_21_2012_Bolivar_Car_Show_021.jpg

Total investment up to this point is far less than going out to purchase a 4-5 yr old used vehicle with high mileage. major mechanical parts are either new or rebuilt or inspected and serviced.
It can be done cost effectively! The most important thing here is no out of pocket expense from the priorities of home budget.I wont go broke over a toy so to speak and i am far from being wealthy.Good luck!

Last edited:
Yeah buddy!! its just going to take me a wile I don't like to cut corners and skimp out on primo parts..its kinda depressing but the sound of a 416 would put a smile on anyone's face...

primetime

sawmill slave
Sometimes it`s hard to tell by a picture, but I`d slam a new engine in that.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts