Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

390 Water Outlet

I just swapped 390's in my truck and the replacement has the big hole for the thermostat and the old one had the small one. The casting number on the block is for 67. I talked to NAPA and they said I would probably have to find a water outlet for a 352. Anyone know where I might find a water outlet for the bigger thermostat or a part number for the bigger water outlet?

From my own research today, it appears that they changed the size of the thermostat in Dec 66 so some 67's were the large one and the rest after that were the small thermostats. Anyway after not having any luck at finding one online and knowing that my local scrap yard didn't have one, I called my brother in Fl and he said he thought he might be able to get one. So I went back to my local scrap yard just to hang out. After a while another old fella stopped by. The scrap yard owner asked him if he had one and he did. Went to his house and he gave it to me for free. So I guess I no longer need the answer to my original question

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts