Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

521 Stroker?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey fellas, first let me say I've never done extensive work on an EFI engine much less a 460. Anyways, it's not really the work I'm worried about, it's where to go to actually get a 521 stroker kit? I know plenty of places for 335 series, but have never had to rebuild a 385 series, so if someone can point me in the right direction on where to get stroker kits for an EFI, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.fordstrokers.com/ford-st...nce-rotating-assemblies/429-460-stroker-kits/

CoashtHigh/Probe Racing 545/557 Street Fighter Stroker Kit

CODE: 13594-SF

List price: $1,949.00
Our price : $1,729.00 Price: $0.00

You save: $220.00 (11%)
Bore Size 4.390:
Bore Size 4.440:
Piston Substitute 18.5cc Dish:
Piston Substitute 22cc Dish:

Unfortunately this combination is not accessable

Add to cart
Big Block Fords are in a class of their own. In an application where raw torque is desirable there is no engine that is better suited. So how do you make a good thing better. The CHP way. Make it bigger. If you wish to limit your bore to 4.390 (.030 over) but still want to dramatically increase cubic inches then go with the Street Fighter 545. If you want to run big cylinder heads and are limiting street usage the 545 will work for you. Easily capable of 600+ horsepower and with torque exceeding horsepower is the norm.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks everyone...exactly what I was looking for.

As far as differences in blocks, I'm not really sure...but I thought internal vs. external balancing would play a roll, right?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Ben, to be realistic here, you are looking at spending about 8k.
You will need some better heads. If your going FI, you will need bigger injectors, and likely new fuel pump. Will need a GOOD tune, new cam.........

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sheesh, again the bearer of bad news Don...As stated in another thread, I guess I really need to do lots more research. If 8k is the magical number, the rebuild probably won't get done until mid summer then.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts