Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

6.0 Injector advice

primetime

sawmill slave
Alright, so there`s been a 2003 F-350 crew cab dually, with 4x4, and Lariat, on Craigslist for about 6 weeks. It`s got 155,000 on it. They want $12,500. However, They claim it needs an injector.
So, how hard are they to change, how much, what not. Not REALLY thinking about buying it, but hey, if it`s on there much longer I may just make an offer, one never knows.

blacksnapon

Staff member
The injectors aren't that difficult, just a little technical. How did they determine that it needed an injector?

primetime

sawmill slave
I have no idea how it was determined. The ad says it misses and smokes, bad injector. Got half a notion to buy it and try some Hot shot secret sauce, (or whatever it`s called), but still trying to decide if I want another payment, or if it`s even a good idea to buy a possibly broke 6.0.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have no idea how it was determined. The ad says it misses and smokes, bad injector. Got half a notion to buy it and try some Hot shot secret sauce, (or whatever it`s called), but still trying to decide if I want another payment, or if it`s even a good idea to buy a possibly broke 6.0.
it may even be no compression on one cylinder.

primetime

sawmill slave
Bingo. Which is part of the reason I haven`t even picked up the phone. Besides, blue book is anywhere from $9500 to $11800. Probably why they haven`t sold it yet. But hey, those broke trucks always get my juices flowing.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
A broke 6.0L would be at the low end of the price range... plus the cost to repair would be deducted.

Without paying a Ford mechanic to hook it up and read any/all computer codes and/or "confirm" what the issue is.... I would stay far away from it.

Unless your getting the truck for less than Blue Book, why inherit someone else's problems... unless you have a trusted mechanic confirm for you... so you really know what your getting into.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts