Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

77 F150 tailgate upper molding.

77 tailgate upper molding. This is what the FORD dealer called it. It is a black piece that sits just below the tailgate handle. It is 5 or so inches wide and the width of the tailgate. Black in color. Mine is dented and needs replacing. Shipping is to CANADA.
Jim
77 F150

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
What type of condition are you looking for?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I have:

IMG_3390.jpg

IMG_3391.jpg

IMG_3392.jpg

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
77 tailgate upper molding. This is what the FORD dealer called it. It is a black piece that sits just below the tailgate handle.
D3TZ99425A34B .. Upper Tailgate Finish Panel Moulding / Obsolete

Fits: 1973/79 F100/350 Stylesides * / Last MSRP: $194.92 / Dealer net cost: $116.95.

KLIMESH MOTOR SALES in Calmar IA has ONE = 563-562-3241.

WESLEY OBSOLETE PARTS in Liberty KY has ONE = 606-787-5293.

GREEN SALES CO. in Cincinnati OH has ONE = 513-731-3304.

No other Ford Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

Reproduced by Dennis Carpenter @ $250.00.

* This moulding was standard equipment on 1973/79 Ranger XLT's & 1978/79 Lariat's.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Bill, was there any exceptions to that trim on the Ranger XLT's?...I have what I understand to be an original 79 Ranger XLT and it had the two small upper and lower trim pieces, a surround around the tailgate latch and a panel below with "ford" embossed across it.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The two tailgate finish panels (D3TZ99425A34B-Upper) and D3TZ99425A34A-Lower w/FORD block letters) are the only tailgate finish panels I'm aware of.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The two tailgate finish panels (D3TZ99425A34B-Upper) and D3TZ99425A34A-Lower w/FORD block letters) are the only tailgate finish panels I'm aware of.

Interesting..I wonder if my tailgate has been changed as the mounting studs are set up for the two small strips and the large lower one.

79_Truck.jpg

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
When you look these puppies up...the parts catalog lists the combination of upper and lower tailgate finish panels only on F100/350 Stylesides with black vinyl insert upper side mouldings-Ranger XLT's & Lariats.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
When you look these puppies up...the parts catalog lists the combination of upper and lower tailgate finish panels only on F100/350 Stylesides with black vinyl insert upper side mouldings-Ranger XLT's & Lariats.

Thanks for the info!

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
D3TZ99425A34B .. Upper Tailgate Finish Panel Moulding
jagabom = To clarify: This is not the upper tailgate moulding. It's the upper tailgate finish panel moulding that surrounds the tailgate handle. See pic in post #3.

This is the upper tailgate moulding: D3TZ9941018B.

This is the lower tailgate moulding: D3TZ9941018A.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
jagabom = To clarify: This is not the upper tailgate moulding. It's the upper tailgate finish panel moulding that surrounds the tailgate handle.

This is the upper tailgate moulding: D3TZ9941018B.

This is the lower tailgate moulding: D3TZ9941018A.

I understood what you were referring to Bill...but thank you for the explanation! YelloThumbUp
As a sidenote..I've found some NOS ones of them :D

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I understood what you were referring to Bill...but thank you for the explanation! YelloThumbUp
As a sidenote..I've found some NOS ones of them :D
I clarified for the OP. I knew that you knew what I was refering to.

I found of three of these upper finish panels NOS.

Didn't look for the lower finish panel, or the upper/lower tailgate mouldings.

I've got a few scratches and or dents in mine but I don't feel the need to spend the coin on the NOS right now.
The handle insert is not in the hole in this picture but it's in now.

5-17-08007.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Mark, I never knew that your truck was allowed out of the driveway?!smilietease

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I never put a drive way to that garage. There's not enough traffic.
If it snows here tomorrow I might pull it out in the snow.

OOooOO you must take pics! smilieFordlogo

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That was my thinking. My truck in a white back ground.

Yellow in my case, but as long as you don't eat the snow, you're good to go!

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I would hazard a guess that the LMC one is a DC unit given the price.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts