Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

91 F350 7.5 Heater Hose Question

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So I changed my heater hoses on my 91 the other week, there is 1 little one left that goes between the intake a water pump, maybe 2 or 3 inches long. I didnt feel like trying to get the new 1 in there and find out that it needs to be changed with the water pump. Can it be done without changing the pump?

Also I am looking into getting an all aluminum radiator as my one is starting to leak. Can the bigger Diesel rad fit without modification? There are way more choices for the Diesel then the gas.

Fellro

Staff member
Yes,they can be done without taking the pump off. Be sure to get a the pre-molded one though, and my little secret is I use silicone spray to make hoses slip on easier. Quite commonly the replacement hose is a little longer, so check the proper length and cut to fit.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Are we talking about the same hose? lol

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yes the 460. I know you can change the little 90* one on the 5.0/5.8 ive had enough of them. The 460 1 is straight and just seems like it is supposed to stay in there till its water pump time. Figured id ask lol

Fellro

Staff member
been a while since I looked at one...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Finally took the pic, and i need to change this hose soon, its all pushed out on the bottom, glad it held up while plowing. Also got my full aluminum radiator and all the rad hoses.

Fellro

Staff member
You can actually do those. I have seen some that had less than 1/2" between the nipples. They can be a pain, but I have done them without taking anything off. Silicone spray is your friend, and don't make it quite full length.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ok yea im a try it tomorrow or after work monday

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts