Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

92-96 bumper reinforcments??

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
According to my aftermarket parts manual they go out further in front of tires .

I know I'm putting extra plate in middle of bumper when i put it back on .

According to my aftermarket parts manual they go out further in front of tires .

I know I'm putting extra plate in middle of bumper when i put it back on .

My truck doesnt have this. But using a longer bolt and four old sockets you can space the bumper further out about 1", and does the same as those spacers.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I have seen those plates, they go outside of the mounts. None of mine had em, all you need is 2 of the smaller ones, with the adjusters. You can fab up your own inner supports to help with any future run ins with deer.

These go toward the outer edges of the bumpers.
F013107.jpg

These bolt to the bumper then to the frame.
9426.jpg

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I figured . I was wondering if anyone had seen them .

I'm planing on getting the chrome turbo bumper From FOrd for $310 and have new mount brackets already .

I can get generic for $120 + less. Considering my luck with deer may do that.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
The second one is for 92-96 gen trucks mounts the bumper to the piece (bracket) welded to the frame. Using the insulated rubber back studs (weird huh)

When i hit the deer all those years back. it ripped out the holes for the brakets, but using the wear spot left by them, i welded my bracket brace things back on to the bumper

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
All truck of mine were bolted solid. After 93 had solid plate with studs .

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
my 96, in you salty area the rubber insulator that the studs where actaully mounted in where probably weathered into the damn welded on bracket on the rame. which bolted up to the "reinforcemetns" on the bumper. and the 'reinforcement" is bolted to the bumper with some of those little clip things.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea I just use 1/2 SS or grade 8 bolts, drill the holes out, them little 5/16 bolts arnt strong enough for me lol

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
They held fine its the bumper flattening out up down . That did all my damage .

But I always put better bolts in.

I hit another deer this morning by the way . Glad new bumper was not on.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I haven't hit any deer in my truck. I want to think it is due to my loud exhaust and stereo, thats just my thinking anyway...
I haven't even come close to hitting a deer honestly...
In my old car i did though, it bo duke'd across my hood landed on its feet and kept running...

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I hit a coyote this morning on way to work . in company truck . No damage . to the truck . can't say as much for the coyote .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts