Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

92 F150 Flareside

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I thought it has new axles. All that stuff is still cheaper than the $2,500 truck that you will almost 100% have to put money into right away. I think you should buy it though.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
its not just the head gasket.. its the u-joints axle shafts, ball joints tie rod ends all this plus some more have either been replaced or needs to be replaced.

and yes its my dream truck... but i will get another one down the road...

I hope you can find another one because Flaresides are getting harder to find. All the stuff on yours is fixable and doesn't have to be done all at once. Which is what I am doing to my truck a little at the time in 2 weeks it going to be a new fuel pump. Then I will work on getting new tanks.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
I thought it has new axles. All that stuff is still cheaper than the $2,500 truck that you will almost 100% have to put money into right away. I think you should buy it though.

once again... yes i have new axle shafts... but some other stuff is needing replaced on it.. and im to the point of frustration with it.. i've hit the wall with it...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
It looked like a shortbed.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Think about this. What are you going to do if you run into major problems after buying the Ranger???

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Or it will just fall apart and pieces will fly :rofl2:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Think about this. What are you going to do if you run into major problems after buying the Ranger???

He will sell it and buy a Chevy...duh

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Chris, YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET IT! Here, lemme say it slower. YYYYYOOOOOOUUUUUU AARRRRRRRRRREEEEE GGGGGOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG TOOOOOOOOOOO RRRRREEEEEEEEEGGGGGRRRRRREEEEEETTTTTTTTTT IIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!

That may seem like alot of stuff, but it's not Chris. Let it set for a few weeks until you get some motivation.....you just THINK you want the Ranger cause it'll be something new and fun, but then you'll realize your error in a few weeks. It's been 4 years since I got rid of my Bronco and I literally CRY whenever I think about it now.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I think you need to sleep on it a little more.

Take a good long look at your truck, and what you've done to it, and how far along it's come. I highly doubt you actually wanna sell it, and replace it with a POS Ranger. If you do still wanna sell it, you can find alot better than that Ranger.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I'm in agreement too except I want it cause it won't take much to get it going. But keep the truck....

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I think he should buy it because he never listens to reason LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts