Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

'93 Explorer info

so I made the mistake of looking at vehicles online last night, and of course I found something I like, but don't need. Was saving up for a new Forester, 'cuz I like manuals, but this is pretty sweet:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...00&searchRadius=100&listingId=345370579&Log=0

not a manual, but I can deal with that... Anyway, not looking to add another vehicle to my stable yet, but if anyone can give me any positive or negative attributes of this vehicle, and or buy instead of me, I would appreciate that smilieFordlogo

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
That price its crazy high priced for the year it is.
I had a 94 over all it was a good vehicle. 18mpg no matter how I drove it.
Only gripe I had was it was a automatic and not a truck.
I missed the truck bed to carry some tall stuff.

what got my attention was the mileage and the heated mirrors! lol, I usually have toppers on my trucks, and it would be nice to have a four door.
figure with the auto, it might also make a nice little light duty plowin' rig...
for the $25k and 25mpg on a new Forester, I think I would still come out ahead with this Explo...

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Does a 93 have a 5 or 6 digit odometer? Id be surprised if it didn't have at least 149,000 on it. Either that or as Chris said you'll have problems from it sitting unused if it really is that low of milage. Aside from the fact that they're asking double what its worth.

It is pretty though. You'll find another somewhere that's a way better deal.

yeah, figure a little ol lady drove it to church once a week for the last 20 years, lol, those are some nice new lookin tyres tho! it's a couple hours away, so not gonna run out and test drive it. my '93 350 reads 143,xxx, digitally, if that helps answer your ? SuperCab.
I love my little 2wd Ranger, but at 106500 mi, she's leaks a little oil, and burns a little coolant, and I wonder what shape the clutch is in... on the plus side it's paid for an gets 20mpg.

Ford Truck Articles