Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A Little Rusted Out.

The doors, I'm discusted with the rust on them right now. Two are surface rust and can be saved, two actually have holes in em. For now its on the underneath and hasn't worked its way around to the out side.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Makes me OH SO happy that we only get the sand treatment here

Same here Eric -we just get the gritty leftovers from the roading rockcrushers spread around over the most icy stretches of road ..... if you really want to see rusty cars in NZ you need to go to Rotorua in the North Island - the sulphur from all the geothermal activity causes rust from the bottom up other than that just the standard rust from being near the coast.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
It is a pretty common issue here,with the salt and brine,along with Rusty's issue being the vehicle sat in a field..this eventually attacks the undercarriage of the vehicle,salt brine along with road dirt,moisture gets in those hidden cracks and crevices under the vehicle behind panels ect,causing the vehicle to rot from the inside out.the local chassis bath car washes do not get it all off.I always go to the local diy,feed my quarters and wash the undercarriage at least once a week on a dry day,wearing a poncho over the winter gear to keep dry. never park a vehicle in the grass for long periods of time especially in these parts of the country.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts