Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Accetoned Badges

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
So I was thinking of accetoning the badges on my new F150. I also wondered if anyone has seen any "Reverse" badges for the trucks.

Reverse meaning where the "F150" and "5.4L Triton" are chrome looking and the rest of the badge is black.

Anyone seen something like that, and not something someone hand painted cause I ain't doing that.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
I've seen pics of the accetoned badges and they look alright. I think most people do it because the black starts to peel off.

The reversing ideas sounds good but I have never heard of anyone doing it. Could be something unique to do on your truck.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
hand paint it aaron... it'll look sweet. :)

Ryan

There is an artcle on the explorer forum where they removed the plastic bubble over the "ford blue oval". They then painted the background leaving the ford script shiny. They then glued the plastic bubble back on.

I have seen red, yellow, black, and a few other colors of backgrounds.

I don't know anything about acetoning.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I don't care for the acetoned look, personally, especially on a white truck such as yours.

The "reversed" look, which wouldn't be too different from what they used to use even a few years ago, would look great if you could figure out how to do it- maybe a small, local body shop would hand-paint it for you for a reasonable price?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts