Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Air Box Wanted

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
I am looking to see if anyone of you guys are willing to sell or send me there old air box set up from your truck if you replaced it with a different set up. Let me know, I have a 1995 F350 with 7.5L

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I am looking to see if anyone of you guys are willing to sell or send me there old air box set up from your truck if you replaced it with a different set up. Let me know, I have a 1995 F350 with 7.5L

Sounds like you plan some modifications. Mine would work its on a 85 302 and it sits on top of the engine.

Michigan
Your just looking for a stock air box? Two tubes or single?

Fellro

Staff member
I have one from a 92 around somewhere, probably back at the farm in Mo...

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
lol guys its nothing to insane. But the set up I have now with that open K&N air filter just isnt doing it for me, I am beginning to think that I could modify the stock air box along with a drop in K&N filter to help give the engine cooler air oppose to the warm hot air its getting now. What do you fellas think?

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
It should work I plan to do the same thing. Look behind your grill and see if there is a black cover over the hole that the plastic pipe hooks into the rad support.I removed mine

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
for extra air flow ur saying ?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
lol guys its nothing to insane. But the set up I have now with that open K&N air filter just isnt doing it for me, I am beginning to think that I could modify the stock air box along with a drop in K&N filter to help give the engine cooler air oppose to the warm hot air its getting now. What do you fellas think?
Absolutely. When I bought my truck it had the open element K&N filter and I decided to swap to a stock airbox because it was pulling hot air--- BIG difference in power. Way better. I'll never use an open element filter again.

Michigan
If you plan on going through water or any serious offroading, i suggest NOT using the 460/300 air tube. As you can see in my sig. Not sure i noticed any power gains and definatly no mileage gains. I also got a K&N filter with the stock air box.

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
O cool i will look for mine then too thanks:guns: Good points guys too I just dont see how K&N can get away with selling their product for that much money for an open filter. I need to clean my intake once a week to keep it clean, its always filthy and I know how hot it gets under the hood during a summer day and the AC running, the last thing i want to do is give my engine the hot air that its producing cant wait to get that set up back so whos got one? And how much you want!?

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I got couple older set ups 93 down . If u need soigle tube I'll have to dig.

But I know several people who turned around windshield washer/overflow jug back wards ( to where air box should be. The build a alum (anything) Box to fit in old washer area . Lots o room to use a lagre diamiter air filter and easy to make air intake . For tube to engine they use alum,Stainless (exhaust tube) plastic tubes to strecth the stock type
tube to work or just make others.

Good luck .

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
That sounds cool too, but I have double tubing airbox set up so if u have one how much u want?

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
Lol never! common Chris cant u tell I aint that type of guy by now!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lol well I didn't know. If you don't do much offroading-- I'd go with the 300/460 intake duct like mine:

DSC01056Custom.jpg

DSC01057Custom.jpg

DSC01058Custom.jpg

Pulls air from beside the radiator. Bigger duct than the 302/351 and people say it's capable of pulling more air but who knows. The 302/351 intake sits on top of the grill and pulls the air through the little crack between the grill and the hood; looks like this:

114.jpg

Anyways, if you're getting a new duct anyways you might as well get the [allegedly] better one.

Only reason I ask about the water is because the duct does pull from a LOWER point on the truck. It sits about 6-12" below the 302/351 intake and you can pull in water if you're driving in deep. Mike (95bronk) did it recently and hydrolocked his engine.

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
I was just pulling ur leg Chris, I knew you were asking for a good reason lol. That set up looks sick. How much to find one of those sort of set ups you think? Also is this really your engine!?
114.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
No.... The first 3 pics were my engine.... The last one is the setup that you DON'T want. See the intake snout that's sitting on top of the grill?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts