Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Air Filter Question ????

What are you guys paying for Motorcraft air filters? I'm rapidly approaching the 30,000 mile change interval and have been looking on ebay...

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Been a while, but for a 6.0L its like $65.00/ea.

There are two kinds of air filters available for the 6.0L motor.

1) Blue media/filter - synthetic and water resistent (OEM)

2) White media/cellulose - not water resistent (Not OEM - Mainly WIX brand)

Both air filters are made my Donnalson and are their "Powercore" filtration and both meet Ford's spec for filtering the air, but the filter that is OEM and shipped with your truck is the high cost, blue, synthetic media filter.

I believe that the cost is around $65 - $70.00/ea for the blue synthetic air filter?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I don't know, I just take mine out, clean it, dry it and stick it back in. Oh, while it's off, yes Jeff, I check for dusting and oil in the intake tube on the MAF. No problem with either as of yet. And yes, I know, I'm still very low mileage. :D

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
You can get the blue one for $52 from Diesel Filters Online.

Well, I bought my FA 1778 Motorcraft airfilter on ebay for 48.00 and 9.95 shipping.......I received it in just a very few days. Thanks guys for your responses to my question, I really didn't know what the going price was for the darn things.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts