Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

All I can say is wow. Wow. wOw WoW. 390 woes revisited, teardown pics.

masterbeavis

California Chapter member
I bought a good useable shortblock for $20. It blew a headgasket, and while it sat, the rings froze to the walls..... Typical price $2-300 for a runner, more if its misrepresented as a 390.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Big block anything is dead here. Trucks with big blocks stay unsold, small blocks sell for more money :(

Where the hell do you live?
Big block trucks out here sell like a Chinese buffet in Ethiopia..

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well that sucks..
I'll be happy to take any 351 blocks off any ones hands, I know how much of a burden they can be and would love to take said burden off your hands :D

Hey Nomad , here is a 460 you can buy.

masterbeavis

My ear must not be trained very well, but it sounds to me like that 460 has more issues than the magic 30CI 360 I just tore apart (in this thread)

I just started it up it sat for 2 years.

Of course it has issues

MB, I have to find the pics of it.

I bought with the aid of a friend in Surrey BC. My friend is a top notch mechanic and I felt secure with his opinion.

The problem was that Surrey is near Vancouver BC and things rust out there if they aren't looked after.

I took his word for it that the 69 429 was fine and sent him $400.00 for the engine. Had it shipped from his house to Calgary and when it arrived, It ws not as advertised.

The owner stated it was good running engine with 25,000 mile since it was rebuilt.
I took a head off and the engine was full of water.
I tried to sue him in BC and lost.

In the years that followed someone stole the block with crank in it, then years later stole the heads out of my back yard by the guy who bought the 3, 9" rears I had.He came back to steal them after I had gone to go buy groceries.
So much for trusting people :(

The whole ordeal was a complete disaster.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
That does sound like quite a disaster Mil1ion

masterbeavis

That is a bummer.. I have yet to have somebody come back to my house and steal stuff from me, but I always wonder, and keep my gate locked...

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4
That really sucks.
Last time someone tried to steal parts from me, they came nose to barrel with my 30-30 Winchester.
Had my roommate call the cops and come pick him up, while I kept my rifle on the guy.
It is legal to shoot trespassers here, and the guy didn't seem to want to find out if it was loaded or not.
Ended up that the guy had multiple warrants out on him for similar thefts, and the police had been looking for him for awhile.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Thats about the same here but nobody tries to steal from us yet and if they do theyll be lookin at a 12 gauge loaded with buckshot and a very short tempered 17 year old.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
thats a heck of a find there, that motor seems to be all fubard!

As for people jacking my stuff, most of it is inside, along with the 6 dogs, and the small armoury we keep! :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts