Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Austin's 98 Mark VIII Build thread

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Well, I guess it's time to update this thread since the car is mine again... First, some pictures....

IMAG0580-1_zpsee29b5fc.jpg

IMAG0581_zps07eaf2dd.jpg

I forgot about the decent MPG this thing gets.

IMAG0579_zps11c5c9c1.jpg

Got a new Kenwood headunit for a steal. Bluetooth, touchscreen, DVD player. I'm working on finishing the gaps with a surround that matches the trim around it.

IMAG0601_zps41178c21.jpg

IMAG0602_zpscac984ec.jpg

Finally got a WW button from one of the Lincoln guys... it's amazing how much a little button can help!

IMAG0606_zpsce7ee457.jpg

I have a new grille and some other odds and ends on the way. So far my parts buying has been positive; I found a seller that doesn't think his parts are gold. (He actually said so in an email to me!) :D

The next mods are going to be a tune, some rear end upgrades, and then wheels/tires. I'd like to tackle the tune and rear end in one swoop, so it may be a while before that gets done.

Once the weather clears up I'll put a fresh polish on and work my buffer magic... it's also time for some leather love.

Allll-rrrrright Austin!!!!
340x.gif
<< All of FTF...the bald guy in a tux is Dunc... smilietease

Finally a thread that doesn't start out with a;

1) I'm thinking about....

2) I'm looking at....

3) I'm selling....

4) I traded in .....

imagesqtbnANd9GcQFryCTtEQ4LLL0pjEhFDsOSQO_11Ct9nnobQdxW1aIW1Xa0J9IzQ.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
But the important part is it's all mine! smilietease

Chris - I just sent an email to Bob at KMS, we'll see what he says about tuning.

Brad - no comment, as those remarks will now apply to mods I'm going to make to the car. :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I remembered I still have those Ford Racing mufflers laying around. I might just weld them on in the next couple of weeks.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Weather sucks... I've either been working on the house or it's been raining; I still need to polish this beast! On my list of for-sure summer mods, I've decided to put on my Ford Racing mufflers, have the car tuned, and do a suspension conversion. Wheels will follow shortly, as I have to see how the car will sit first. I'd like to have most of that list accomplished by early June so that she's set for the Ford Nationals at Carlisle.

In the meantime, I've done nothing but change the oil and give her a weekly vacuum. How terribly unexciting. :D Interior is done, though.

482608_10151586095512284_119693684_n.jpg

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Tinted windows.... now I can pick my nose in private. :D

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Thanks. That's always a good idea; IIRC the match is 20% for your truck. Look into a ceramic film for more heat blocking.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That's her hot rod pose, Roy. :D She has a mind of her own!

Looks real nice and sharp now Austin

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
MMmmmmMMMmm.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts