Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

BFG Baja T/A...where to get em?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Good luck finding them Military Surplus. Surplus is generally old stuff that they are phasing out, like the older 37" good years. These are the new tires that they are using the HMMWVs.

I saw them for sale at about 500 bucks a piece, no wheels.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks...I was just doing a little digging, and this thread was pretty helpful:

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/13913-BFG-Baja-T-A-questions?

There was mention of joing the BF Goodrich race program to gain access to these tires, and other baja/racing tires they offer. I assume that means you have to show some sort of proof.

And at $500/ea new, I suppose $1200 for 4 and a 38" TSL ain't too shabby. Really, I'm just looking for a secondary set of tires for Red so the Boggers aren't constantly getting chewed up and going bald.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Just remember, that thread is over 5 years old...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...I didn't notice that until after I linked.

Thanks...I was just doing a little digging, and this thread was pretty helpful:

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php/13913-BFG-Baja-T-A-questions?

There was mention of joing the BF Goodrich race program to gain access to these tires, and other baja/racing tires they offer. I assume that means you have to show some sort of proof.

And at $500/ea new, I suppose $1200 for 4 and a 38" TSL ain't too shabby. Really, I'm just looking for a secondary set of tires for Red so the Boggers aren't constantly getting chewed up and going bald.

well, if you're just needing them for that, why don't use just get some BFG all terrian or mud terrian 37x12.5x16.5 tires to ride on or something of that sort, or just any nice looking tire of your size that you see for a good price if u just need them so tht you aint wearing out your boggers

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Where's the fun in that. In the end, that is probably what I'll end up doing. I just didn't know how difficult they'd be to find, and didn't realize how much they were running...but when the time comes, if I can find a set like I linked to, I wouldn't mind nabbing them.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I know how to solve your tire problem; give Red to me! smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ya know...that's a pretty good idea, I mean afterall, it needs tires, needs new steering components, and needs some little nicks and dings taken care of...the truck is practically a lost cause...are you sure I don't have to pay you to take her off my hands?

^^^Where's the fun in that. In the end, that is probably what I'll end up doing. I just didn't know how difficult they'd be to find, and didn't realize how much they were running...but when the time comes, if I can find a set like I linked to, I wouldn't mind nabbing them.

lol, I geuss you were wanting the, "look at my tires, you can't find those anymore" ordeal lol. But if you cant find them, any good looking tire should do.

My truck actually has M/S tires on the rear and allterrain on the front, thats what i ended up finding used,that i could afford, but actually works fine, allterians wear better, so they're on the front lol and Mudd tires are on the rear for traction

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Actually...it looks like those are ***currently*** used tires, and that's why they're difficult to get ahold of. But yes, the cool factor, and look at me factor, are the only things that matter on that truck.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Ya know...that's a pretty good idea, I mean afterall, it needs tires, needs new steering components, and needs some little nicks and dings taken care of...the truck is practically a lost cause...are you sure I don't have to pay you to take her off my hands?

I'll take a few dollars off of ya, heck - I'll even let you use my Explorer for a day!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sweet niblets...thanks for that...definitely gonna try to grab a set of those.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
They must have just started carrying those...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts