Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Big rims?

i am thinkin about puttin new rims on the truck, but i dont know what size looks good without being gawdy. anyone got any rims bigger than 15's on a 4x4? pics would be awesome!! thanx

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I've seen them around my area with 17-18's not too bad. wouldn't go any bigger than that though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Personally, I don't think these trucks look too well 'blinged' out. I don't have pics on hand, but I believe bucks77ford has 16" rims on his, mine has 16.5" rims, and I believe ranger429's bronco has 17" rims on it. So search through the galleries if you want to.

Here are Buck's...I believe they're 16" Eagle Alloys:
Bucksrims.jpg

Here are Ranger's...I believe they're 17" Dick Cepek DC's:
RangersBronco.jpg

Here's my 16.5" Alcoa's:
DSC01236.jpg

And just for reference...here's some 15's on my Bronco:
DSC01223.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Go ahead and put some 22's on it .Make it look like a fork lift :point2:

Damn Mark...don't you know they make 30" rims now...you just can't keep up with these young whipper snappers anymore can you?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I think 17's would be about the highest I'd go, but that's my opinion. I actually really like a smaller wheel like 15 with a larger tire. I would have done that, but I needed at least a 16 for my F250 to clear the front calipers.

Thanks for posting my pic Ben.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think 17's would be about the highest I'd go, but that's my opinion. I actually really like a smaller wheel like 15 with a larger tire. I would have done that, but I needed at least a 16 for my F250 to clear the front calipers.

Yeah...I always like seeing the extra meat of the tire...just makes it look meaner I think. If I ever switched, I'd go to a 16" rim from the 16.5" purely due to bead problems...but I've been happy so far. As for having to go with 16" rms Buck...you ever talked to Ed (75F350)...he runs 15"ers on his one tons...it basically comes down to a lot of caliper grinding...so it is possible.

Thanks for posting my pic Ben.

I didn't think you'd mind...and it gave me an extra opportunity to drool over the truck and give her a little extra plug.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Buck...you ever talked to Ed (75F350)...he runs 15"ers on his one tons...it basically comes down to a lot of caliper grinding.

I have talked with Ed a few times. He's giving me some advice right now on things I need to look at trying to tune my E85 Carb so it runs a little better when the engine is cold. I've also discussed the cross over steering setup. He is full of info when it comes to stuff the has to do with axles and steering, along with alot of other stuff.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have talked with Ed a few times. He's giving me some advice right now on things I need to look at trying to tune my E85 Carb so it runs a little better when the engine is cold. I've also discussed the cross over steering setup. He is full of info when it comes to stuff the has to do with axles and steering, along with alot of other stuff.

Yeah...I wish he would come over here more often. I tell ya, if it wasn't for him, the front axle on my Bronco would still be Fubar'ed.

Watchdog7

Guarding the Gates
Very great looking trucks / Bronco's! I'm drooling over here!!

Wow, those 30+ inch rims are ridiculous lol. The sad thing is all these people that spend thousands of dollars on rims and stereo systems, neglect to do things like basic maintenance, tuneups etc..heck most of em leave the stock gears in there too..

you got some nice trucks UTfball, im jealous lol.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
I think it all depends on what the rest of the truck looks like, how high it's lifted, and how big of a rubber you want to run. 20" wheels aren't that ridiculous on a tire that's 35" or more. I realize you asked about 4x4s, but 20's and bigger can look good on a truck that's slammed if that's what your in to also.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I think it all depends on what the rest of the truck looks like, how high it's lifted, and how big of a rubber you want to run. 20" wheels aren't that ridiculous on a tire that's 35" or more. I realize you asked about 4x4s, but 20's and bigger can look good on a truck that's slammed if that's what your in to also.

WHAAAAT...where is Paul and what have you done with him...where's the dude that believes 'bling bling'=mallcrawler...But I'll admit, a tastefully done slammed vehicle can be set off by a good set of rims.

Ford Truck Articles