Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

big tires

One word: Useless

Gunner

Not for what I use 'em for, they ain't useless to me! In fact, bigger tires on trucks usually make your reputation grow pretty quick and good around here, not only that, but you can intimidate most anyone around here who doesn't have a truck that's jacked up w/ big tires, since most have late model Stangs, civics, intrepids, all kinds of lowered, cheap plastic junk(no pun intended to anyone who may enjoy or like these cars), and if you have enemies, they tend to not wanna pick a fight with you when you're looking down at them with tires that go over the roofline of their vehicle.:wavey: :nana:

I guess, if you say so or ummm..think so.

I used to take my stock 89 ranger out wheeling. There were so many posers out there (big lifted trucks with huge tires) that were afraid to take them where mine would go. They were laughed at for weeks around town over it. It hurt their "reputations", not improved it.

Now...there were a lot of mild lifts and slightly larger tires that would put my stock truck to shame out on the trails, but never, ever did one of those mall crawlers do it.

Now...if you want to intimidate ricers...well that would probably work.

Different topic:

A guy I knew had a 12" suspension lift in a cheby. I think he had 48s, but not positive. He didn't get stopped fast enough at a stop light one night. He ran completely up onto the roof of the car in front of him. The roof held for a second and them the glass all shattered. The roof dropped down, but not flat. The two girls that were in the camaro were not hurt too bad, but the lawsuit hurt the guy with the truck.

There are bumper laws in this state now. I am not familiar with them, but there are no 12" lifts running around here (on the streets) anymore. Most of the trucks in the above pics would not be allowed on the streets here.

Picture002.jpg

You're right Brian, that truck shouldn't be allowed on the street...

Well...we would allow it here, but only because its Ernie. YelloThumbUp

I still have not figured out how he ended up selling that brand though.

I thought they used to be a ford dealer....[confused]

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Not for what I use 'em for, they ain't useless to me! In fact, bigger tires on trucks usually make your reputation grow pretty quick and good around here, not only that, but you can intimidate most anyone around here who doesn't have a truck that's jacked up w/ big tires, since most have late model Stangs, civics, intrepids, all kinds of lowered, cheap plastic junk(no pun intended to anyone who may enjoy or like these cars), and if you have enemies, they tend to not wanna pick a fight with you when you're looking down at them with tires that go over the roofline of their vehicle.:wavey: :nana:
Be careful in a state with Concealed Carry Laws. :) It's hard to intimidate a guy that has a 500 S&W Magnum tucked under his seat. Those tires make fun targets. :p

Be careful in a state with Concealed Carry Laws. :) It's hard to intimidate a guy that has a 500 S&W Magnum tucked under his seat. Those tires make fun targets. :p

Sterotypically speaking, most guys that have trucks w/ big tires on them do carry guns, wether laws promote or prohibit them under the seat. ;) Not saying that I do, but I know many in Iowa that do.andas far as being afraid to get my vehicles dirty, before I even thought about trucks, I had my little old 76 Buick, had a 231 V6 and I took it through mud, partially through a mellow swamp, and even took it off roadin through some wooded area's with a ton of sand. Yes it did get stuck a few times, but it was fun to say the least. I don't need a truck with big tires/wheels and 4 wheel drive to have fun, heck give me a lowrider that sits about a half an inch off the ground, i'll take it through mud, water and sand.[confused] What I was saying though is that I love the look of big tires on an old truck. It is intimidating if you can back up the looks.:beer:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts