Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

big tires

:blah:
I can still outrun a little F-150!!:guns:

Its not how fast you go...its the trip getting there. Relax and enjoy the ride. YelloThumbUp

Ah, Brian, I can't relax unless I'm running over 100!!

I am old. I love driving around 50-55 in the old truck. I get to see the scenery and actually wave at people as they wave and smile at me. I get the thumbsup all the time.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I am old. I love driving around 50-55 in the old truck. I get to see the scenery and actually wave at people as they wave and smile at me. I get the thumbsup all the time.
Funny how things are, you go slow and get a thumbs up, I drive fast and get the, well, other finger. :) Don't know which I'm talking about? See Nerak's finger post. It's in there. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Funny how things are, you go slow and get a thumbs up, I drive fast and get the, well, other finger. :) Don't know which I'm talking about? See Nerak's finger post. It's in there. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'll be quite honest with you. I'd be more inclined to do to my truck what you did to yours even if I DID blow it up like you did, rather than put that useless, power wasteing "look at me, my truck is bigger than your truck" rubber underneath it.

The only reason I have four wheel drive is doing what I do I NEED it occasionally.......Not to see how slowly I can crawl out of a mudhole just for fun.

Sorry guys, thats just the way I am

Gunner

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
The only reason I have four wheel drive is doing what I do I NEED it occasionally.......Not to see how slowly I can crawl out of a mudhole just for fun.
I'm the same way. I need it when I pull our boat out for service and I need it to get around in the winter at times. I don't want mine lifted with big tires because I don't want to roll it. I tend to drive it like it's a Formula 1 race car. :)

I have driven some form of 4X4 since 89. If I have a choice, I will not be without one. No..I don't need it most of the time, but it is nice when I do.

I will not lift one either. I am not into off-road driving (anymore). You don't need lifts and big tires running around on the streets. Mall crawlers looks so stupid to me. Plus, I drive hard in the corners around here.

Fellro

Staff member
I won't lift mine because it needs to be able to both handle heavy loads, as well as hook up to the gooseneck without laying the sides down on the box. Considering going flatbed, but not totally convinced I want to do it yet. I would prefer to go all the way and make it a dump bed if I do it at all. I just prefer the look of the fleetside, as well as the depth of the box.
4x4 for me isn't an absolute necessity, but sure makes things better. I use it regular for just getting around when a bit muddy, as well as going for low lock to pull things out when they really don't want too... My sister has only 2wd, and I end up pulling her out from time to time, while my 4x4 usually handles itself. Helps on not tearing up the sod in the fields when climbing slopes as well..

Last edited:
This is what I'm talkin' about, a little wheel and a LOTTA rubber!

2429607_24_full.jpg

2429607_114_full.jpg

2429607_86_full.jpg

The way God intended :D

Now that's what a "real" truck is supposed to be like!YelloThumbUp I am a little more mellow though, as i'll settle for some 31's-35 inch tires anyday on a set of small(er) wheels. I don't care so much for the big tire/big wheel combo, though I do love big tire/small wheel on a truck. On a car, it just depends but the low pro look does get awfully old after a while.[confused]

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Well chitt..

that's a levelling kit with 35's on 20's

LisaKR1.jpg

and factory 20's with a Z60 performance suspension Package.

Picture002.jpg

soooo.... I guess you'all know where I stand on this burning issue. :rofl:

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Now that's what a "real" truck is supposed to be like!YelloThumbUp I am a little more mellow though, as i'll settle for some 31's-35 inch tires anyday on a set of small(er) wheels. I don't care so much for the big tire/big wheel combo, though I do love big tire/small wheel on a truck. On a car, it just depends but the low pro look does get awfully old after a while.[confused]

One word: Useless

Gunner

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts