Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bout TIME!

Michigan
Just checked the other site, and they deleted my sig, i cant go to the spot where i check my PM,s or profile info, and i dont have supporter by my name n e more lol. O darn..... I cant send PM's Either lol Looks Bla!

Michigan
Yea jokes on them hahah

Michigan
I think they are loosing alot of knowlegable guys, Not that it matters where i get my info, anyone whos ever helped me out is over here.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
i know how are they gonna know to paint there trucks grabber green!!!:shocked: :p :D

Michigan
yea they're loss!

Michigan
yea thats for sure lol

Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by gmail.com. Learn more
To: [email protected]
Subject: Hi
Hi,

I am sending you this, as I was directed to a comment you made on another site regarding Ford Truck Enthusiasts, and I feel there may be a misunderstanding as to FTE's policies.
Specifically your comment:
so FTE has a policy that can only use there site or you can't tell a member over there about a good site you found?what about all the links people post to help other people? isn't that the same thing??if you contact them about a site to help them? seems like the same thing to me??they are like kids years back your my friend and no one elses-spoiled a bit aren't we??

FTE doesn't have a policy of not allowing members to be linking or informing users about other sites (as you can see in our forums, and as is mentioned by ourselves, we allow almost ALL links in posts).
What FTE takes issue with is users undermining FTE's purpose and using FTE's vast user network (which has been painstaking built) to thier own advantage.

We have no problem competing with other web-sites, because we whole heartedly believe we are the best, and we certainly are the biggest. We have an issue of people using FTE's resources against FTE (i.e. being underhanded) and it is no different to spamming a website.

Trust you understand, and if you have any queries don't hesitate to ask,

Fred
FTE Administrator

ain't this bout a b**ch?? what is he referring to???what post on this site-I'm not allowed to browse other sites???

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
He's referring to post 45 on this thread:
http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46689&highlight=spoiled#post46689

But you do make a good point Junior... You linked to this website because you wanted to share some info with the users on the other site, but it got moderated because the content you were linking to JUST HAPPENED to be on FTF, and they hate FTF. Do they have the right moderate whatever posts they want with or without a reason? Yes they do. Is that fair to their users? I don't think so.

This is how FTE operates. You'll just have to get used to it or stop using their site. For a long time I just to tried and get used to it and/or ignored it. But the most recent mistreatment that I've received from that site has left a very bad taste in my mouth, hence the reason I have chosen not to go back.

I wish for these posts NOT to start a series of derogatory comments about that site, we've got more dignity than that. If you'd like to discuss your feelings about the site to myself or anyone else it would be most appropriate to do so through private messages or email.

One thing that I WILL give credit for, is Fred's ability as an administrator to treat their users with respect and actually put REASONING behind his actions, instead of the running the site like a dictatorship. Now whether or not his decisions are just, well that is for you to decide. But his methods of dealing with users on that site is much more professional than those of his business partners.

you refer to undermining FTE purpose???and using FTE vast user network??? I thought the site was to help people with fords??? did I misinterperate the meaning of ford truck enthusiasts?? I thought we were here to help other ford owners???I don't see alldata.com getting pissed cause people try to help others in need-and they charge a fee!!!--if you would like me to terminate my account I will-I am going to the maryland chapter this sunday!! and I will tell them how you are trying to keep people from browsing the web?? it is a free country right??is that not what our forefathers died for??-sit back and think real hard for one minute about what you are saying!!--what did I do??I spoke the truth-you guys were shutting down subford's posts-he is one of the 1st people I got to like on this site-he goes out of his way to help people-posting wiring diagrams and such-he goes to other sites-that is a crime-I never saw on the agreement that we were only to use the site FTE?? did I miss something-I have not tried to take members from your site-uh excuse me our site-it is not yours or the other administrators-with out members the site would be nothing-so you e mail me and get it straight!!!!!!-- until then I will refrain from posting on your site-thank you-and helping others with problems with fords!!!
respectfully ,
Junior Hardy

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lol, well in a perfect world they would take your response to heart, but don't get your hopes up brother.. :( I've written MUCH longer letters than that and it never did any justice. Hopefully it turns out okay for you.

hey it is what it is!!!sent you a e mail-I may get the shit kicked out of me on sunday after I tell the maryland chapter about the shit ass site the represent-hey won't be the 1st time-and I guarantee they will know I was there-hell yes I'm going to the Maryland chapter meeting-with the printed copy in hand-let them see what assholes are running the show-might be time for a change over on the dark side!! hope they read this also!!!they can #$%^&$#@#%^&** and some more!!!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
hey it is what it is!!!sent you a e mail-I may get the shit kicked out of me on sunday after I tell the maryland chapter about the shit ass site the represent-hey won't be the 1st time-and I guarantee they will know I was there-hell yes I'm going to the Maryland chapter meeting-with the printed copy in hand-let them see what assholes are running the show-might be time for a change over on the dark side!! hope they read this also!!!they can #$%^&$#@#%^&** and some more!!!
Let's try to avoid name calling on this forum Junior. The admins here don't like it, no matter who you're speaking about.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Welp- as someone else mentioned, be careful in using FT* in posts and threads- don't really want to make it searchable. As you probably can tell- they do. "that other forum" works sooo much better.

Yep- they check out this forum... and The Northwest Underground. We just finally took a few forums out of the reach of prying eyes. Same old crap, different day. Actually, different year... but I see nothing's changed over there.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
wow this is just amazing..... im glad i came over here when i did a few months back.......

JR: You arn't the only one with a vendeta due to hard feelings. So....hand out that e-mail and spread the word. They can take your PMs, but they can't keep you from talking to everyone in your chapter. Also, I got an e-mail from them too.

Skan: Why do you act like you are an administrator? Are you in charge of chiefing the place now?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Skan: Why do you act like you are an administrator? Are you in charge of chiefing the place now?
No, but I've seen the ways that they run this site, and in the absence of an admin I think it should be my (or anyone's) responsibility to remind people of the rules. One of the [only] rules on this site is no bashing on other forums in the public eye; the admins like to keep this forum dignified, and for good reason.

How do I know they have this rule? First time I got suspended from the 'other site' I was bashing it left and right on this forum. Someone finally spoke up and told me to knock it off. It's not really much of a rule, just a guideline for the users here to save themselves from making THEMSELVES look like the jerks instead of the guys whom they're badmouthing.

Last edited:

Best of luck JR!!!!!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts