Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

chat thread

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Paint needs to set before frost, or it will show a frost pattern. If you can start early enough you may be ok. I probably would wait another weekend or 2

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i usually move it into the garage after spraying... tends to be warmer in there... ntm keeps the bugs out of the paint... rattle can says to spray when temps are above 46* not sure how spraying below that would effect it...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
No worries about bugs right now.......lol
I used some spray bombs on some gusset plates I drilled and welded up last week when it was cold. Paint stuck ok, and held up, just took it a LOT longer to dry than normal

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i usually let them dry over night even when the temps are above the spray temps...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
'smiliedoh' 9* this morning here in the east.
Too dam cold for me.......

Come on springtime!!!!!!

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
-6 below here this morning. It's up to 0 now. Took the Ranger out and got 1600# of nut coal for the furnace this morning. The cold made the ranger creak when the coal was loaded on. I only shoveled a part of the load off so far.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Yeah, the cold makes things break easy.
The creaking is the Ranger saying WTF????? LOL

I have a hard time with the cold since I retired and am not in it anymore. Used to not bother me, now I can't stand it.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
I used to work outside in the cold. Drove a plow truck for years. I drove with the windows down in all weather. I know total idiot.
The last 8 years I have worked inside and I find the cold seems a bit colder than it used to.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I owned a dump truck(s) and plowed for the state for 37 years.
Last year was the first year I didn't go out.

I gotta tell you, I miss the plowing money, but I truly DO NOT miss the plowing!!!!

We sat here last 2 days and watched the news ...... sipping coffee next to the wood stove.....

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
was a brisk 13* when i left for work today.. index was 0.. and 12 mph winds (gusts of 30mph).. just a lil nippy.. but the cab was warm when i got in thanks to the block heater lol

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Happy end of Febcoldary!!!!!

I can't wait till spring!!!

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
so get better smokey lol

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
LOL I think it only stays warm in western Md for 3 months......

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
it stays warm for far too long in VB imo...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
i have 1 season of winter and 3 seasons of 100* summer... ill keep the winter for as long as i can...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
your a little more north of me randy... and also a bit more west as well... just realized i probably drive past you a few times a year... lol but probably wont be as often anymore now...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts