Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

clutch hydraulic line popped out of slave...

racsan

4xford
...while driving!, was on my way home from work and had just left a light, went to go for 2nd and the clutch wouldnt push in, stuck in first and had most of town to drive through, plus anouther 2 miles after i got through town to get home. so i pull into a parking lot and turn the key off, get a ride home to grab a floor jack and a creeper, sure enough what i thought happened did. somehow, some way the quick-dissconnect had came apart, this was all brand new over a year ago, have put over 10,000 miles on it since then, i tried putting it back together, went to push the clutch and it popped right back apart. this is a "new style" slave that has a clip you can remove that retains the line from the master. (autozone slave) i thought the edge of the clip might be "rampped" instead of a square edge, so i pulled it off, flipped it and put it all back together. so far its holding, hope it doesnt do that again, theres no way i know of to secure it togther besides the clip that it came with, ive looked but havent seen any other mention of one of these coming apart. glad i wasnt far from home, or pulling the trailer! at least the system didnt need bled, lost very little fluid when it came apart.

racsan

4xford
i know, the first time i had to take things apart it wouldnt come apart, i ended up cutting the line and using a union-like connector (forget what its called) to connect things back together, this last time it came apart ok but i had went ahead and put a new line, master and slave in all at once. so far its held since putting it back together last night....

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts