Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Coming out of the closet...

FTF'er

There is something about me that nobody here knows. Something that you could have never guessed. Something that many of you may not even care about.

Although I currently own 2 Ford trucks, I also own a *gasp* CHEVY!

There, it's out, now everyone knows my dark secret.

Seriously though, I really like this Suburban and I'm proud to own it. It's a '96 4x4 model with the Vortec 5.7, Black Bear custom tune, bigger down pipes (y-pipe sort of) with NO cats, built 4L60E, add-a-leaf rear with a small crank up front, 3.73 gears and a 14 bolt SF rear axle. It's in near perfect condition with a flawless interior. My girl and I have twins and are expecting another little boy soon, and this thing can sure haul us all. It weighs in at just over 6,000 pounds and gets an incredible 14.2 mpg. With the small amount of mods done to the exhaust and PCM, it will really haul ass for a heavy SUV.

Here are some pics...

11-02-08009.jpg

11-02-08007.jpg

11-02-08001.jpg

11-02-08010.jpg

closet...

Thank you for coming clean. You have given me the courage to speak of my shame also. Yes, It's true that I own 1 '84 E250,1 '93 E150conv,1 '83 F350,and a '70 F250cs. Much to my shame you can find a Chrysler minivan AND a JEEP in my driveway.

FTF'er
Thank you for coming clean. You have given me the courage to speak of my shame also. Yes, It's true that I own 1 '84 E250,1 '93 E150conv,1 '83 F350,and a '70 F250cs. Much to my shame you can find a Chrysler minivan AND a JEEP in my driveway.
YIKES! TWO Daimler-Chrysler products?! :drop:

I've also got an '07 PT Cruiser... but I hate that car :puke:

FTF'er
And here I thought I was posting up with DECENT people... Man... And you think you know a guy!

:D

Yeah, it's crazy the secrets people keep! Just when you're comfortable around someone, then stuff like this come out. :rolling laugh:

True blue?

Skank, While were all throwing stones, How many Fords do you own? How many have you owned? I'll take the hit for my 2 Mopars, but I bet I'v got you beat on shear tonnage. I've got lots of Blue Oval iron around here!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lol, no doubt you've got me there... But you've also got quite a few years on me :p

Thus far I've owned 3 vehicles in my life.

1) 1994 F150 5.0L E4OD 2wd
DSC00432Large.jpg

2) 2000 Toyota Tacoma 3.4L 5-speed 2wd
003.jpg

004.jpg

3) --current-- 1995 F150 (details in sig)
DSC01623.jpg

Ha Ha He

Seriously, If you like what you're driving now, Have you had a chance to go offroad with one of the old67-72 4x4's, Anything with an FE or even a 300/6? If you can afford to feed them,they are amazing offroad!

Bob

Post Whore in Training
If we're all coming clean here, I guess I should too. My wife drives an '04 Jeep Liberty Limited. But... I like driving it too. :redface:

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
:rolling laugh:

I make no secret of it- I root for the home teams. Ford, GM, Mopar... it's all good. Every manufacturer has a niche they do especially well, though. For example:

Chrysler: Wranglers and Mini-Vans. Wranglers are almost a religion for the faithful, and the Mopar mini-vans are still, after over two decades, the best available on the market (and the largest seller). The Dodge Cummins has it's own following, although the new 6.7L version is doing the same thing for Dodge's rep that the 6.0 did for Ford. :suspicious:

GM: A lot of good stuff comes from the General. GM does big cars well, and big luxury cars exceptionally well. Cadillac still owns the high-end passenger car market (although you'd never believe it, reading the press), outselling BMW and Lexus combined in the $50K and over market. The V-series (CTS, STS, XLR) offer stunning performance for the money. Speaking of which- a moment of silence and awe for the Corvette, still kicking sand in the face of Europe's finest after 55 years.

In trucks, GM owns the big SUV and luxury SUV markets. 60-65% market share in both segments. Everyone else (meaning the domestics and the imports) split up the 35-40% that's left. And the Duramax/Allison combo in the pickups- still the powertrain (but not necessarily the truck) to beat.

Ford: Ford has a gift of knowing/remembering who buys their big pickups, and why. The F-Series is, after decades, still the truck of choice for folks that want to use the truck as a truck (and many who don't). Other ford greats? Who can forget the Mustang- 43 years, same successful formula.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles