Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Complete Electrical redo

I have had this smilieFordlogo 75 F-100 351M FMX for 10-12 years. I drove it on the weekends for toy hauling and pulling a utility trailer. I would change the oil/fuel filters, change the plugs every other year, and I did the trany filter and fluid twice. I didn't DARE to add a stereo, or change the wireing in any manner. The harness was completely made up of blue, red, black, and the odd yellow wire. This was under the dash, in the engine compartment, and the lights.

With that being said, I did a complete tear down and rebuild. Complete restore and upgraded to elect. locks and windows. Added audio and DVD. New EU head lights but left the stock marker and tails alone.

I found a harness (junk yard) put it in. Front to tail.

Everything is working fine, except my turn signals and four way. I have gone thru several batteries and now affraid to drive it. I tested for dead shorts to the body. NONE

HELP!!! any ideas?? any wisdom, any concerns. I HATE ELECTRICAL!!:hammer:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Ok! first off dose you blinker relay go click click? or does it do nothing?
I know on my truck is any of the ground wires were not grounded good none of the lights would work.

I suggest cleaning the TS switch contacts and then re-greasing them with special grease.

BTW Nomad, The word is 'does'...... not dose.

dose is for medicine.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts