Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Crystal View Headlight Restoration

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
So I finally got my hands on some of this stuff and I used it today. Of course we all know that you have to start the process by meticulously cleaning the whole truck :D So I cleaned it and got out the packe--- what's that Ben?

UTfball68 said:

Ugghh all right if you're going to twist my arm :D

IMG_0511cropped.jpg

IMG_0515cropped.jpg

IMG_0516cropped.jpg

So the Crystal View didn't work GREAT on my truck... I was a little disappointed. It definitely cleared up some of the fog but the headlights still have a bit of a yellow hue and there's still some more fog. After clearing up the outside I could see that the insides were fogged too, partially from condensation but also actual wear and hazing.

Before:
beforerd.jpg

After:
after2s.jpg

aftergi.jpg

But I still had some leftovers and saw that my mom's headlights were EXTREMELY hazy and more importantly hers looked like they were mostly hazy on the outer surface and still sealed well on the inside. I figured I'd give it a go on hers and see the effects. I was AMAZED. This stuff actually does work but only if the damage is on the OUTSIDE of the lens. Here you can see that I cleaned the inner the lenses but not the outers. The inner lenses used to be MORE hazy and brown than the outer lenses.

mom1d.jpg

mom2ps.jpg

Moral of the story... This stuff does work as advertised. They give you two different very fine grit sandpapers and some polishers and sealer compounds. You have to sand off a layer or 2 of plastic then reseal it. Worked wonders on my moms car. Just make sure you damage is on the OUTSIDE of the lens if you want to use this stuff.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Thanks Chris!

I'm still using Meguiar's Hot Shine tire gloss on the headlamps and tail lights. They're all still sparkly and twinlky-eyed, after 9-12 years (Marquis and the Vic). Needs to be done fairly often (every week or two), but only takes a matter of minutes. Also works great on the guage bezel inside.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Glad to hear that the product does work. BTW...where are the pics????????????????????

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh geez...I musta missed 'em:rolleyes:smilietease

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts