Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DeHacking, Some People Just Annoy Me

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So when I got the truck, some moron put blue leds in everything, cluster, hvac controls, headlight switch, power window and lock buttons. Well it was cool for like 15 min, then it was just annoying. The turn signal bulbs were so bright it would blind u at night, also the colors were brighter and darker in spots. Just was stupid. So I pulled the cluster this am, put all reg bulbs back in, also pulled the HVAC controller and changed that to regular bulbs. Had to buy 8 PC74s as I did not have any of those at home. I had the 194 Bulb Sockets so I didnt need them. Here are some pics.

Before

The Hack Work

After

Didnt take a pic of the HVAC
The cluster should be green, I guess they stripped it off the face. Ill have to see if the white annoys me!

Last edited:
Much better - bright blue like that really plays havoc with your night vision too. Much better to go with a green or red display to help with vision at night

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I've never understood butchery....idiots.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I put LEDs in my 91 F350s cluster because they were super dim with the 194s, here is how it looks done right

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
i would just be happy if my odometer light worked :(

Huge improvement, even being white.

there should be something you can do to make them green again.

Red is the best night color, doesn't hurt your night vision to bad. wouldn't be a bad route to go either

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I ordered green leds, ill see how the white treats me 1st. At least the cluster is super easy to take out.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts