Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dipstick tube replace (?)

Well, half my trube came out with my dipstick the other day.:headbang: I just got a new tube and am wondering what some tips and or trick there are for removal and install? I heard (and seems) its a b*tch! Let me know! Thanks smiliepopcorn

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
My appologies MFD......From the digging i have done on this issue...It seems the tube does pull out of the block...However it is a B*&ch to do and will take some force to remove it...Some that are broken flush are removing them by inserting a screw then prying the remains out....

Last edited:
My appologies MFD......From the digging i have done on this issue...It seems the tube does pull out of the block...However it is a B*&ch to do and will take some force to remove it...Some that are broken flush are removing them by inserting a screw then prying the remains out....

Ok, thanks! Thats what I've heard too. Also just by poping the remains into the pan:suspicious: and leaving it or trying to retrieve it! I'll try to yank it out instead! Tahnks again!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Your best bet is to take a vice grip to at the base of the tube, try to wiggle it free. They rust tight usually, and if it breaks off at the block, you can sometimes easy-out them, but I have had to drill them out before. good luck..

Ford Truck Articles