Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Engine Swap...wanna help

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Listen here Meow............

Alright Meow...Don't think meow...Do I look like a cat to you, boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly-bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE? No buts meow.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
gawd I love that movie...anyways, I know it's just an in n out swap but good luck with it anyways.....still gonna be a PITA you gonna pull the front clip off?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah I love that movie too. Thanks for the luck. Not gonna pull the whole front clip...just the grille...engine work is one reason why I hate lifted vehicles...and I'm 6'5". One of my Dad's buddies was helping me with the carb when I first got it...he's 5'5" 140lbs and it was funny as hell watching him try to crawl around...eventually he just decided to sit on the inner fenders an core support.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Yeah I love that movie too. Thanks for the luck. Not gonna pull the whole front clip...just the grille...engine work is one reason why I hate lifted vehicles...and I'm 6'5". One of my Dad's buddies was helping me with the carb when I first got it...he's 5'5" 140lbs and it was funny as hell watching him try to crawl around...eventually he just decided to sit on the inner fenders an core support.

Hell I'm 6-1 220lbs and I do that...much easier!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hell I'm 6-1 220lbs and I do that...much easier!

I tried that when I was doing the timing chain...no inner fender should be subject to 320lbs. I ended up bending the inner and now my vacuum reservoir won't reach the second hole to bolt in.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Ahh well than you need the EFI way.......I lay a sheet of stiff cardboard down on top the motor from either the fender to the intake or from the core support to the intake and lay down on it.....makes it a crapload easier to swap headergaskets or spark plugs.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Sorry Ben but I aint got money enough to get out there. Take the front clip off its a hell of alot easier than the grille is. Or you could just take the hood off and pull the radiator and front accesories and do it that way. Thats the way I did it on the 72.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry Ben but I aint got money enough to get out there. Take the front clip off its a hell of alot easier than the grille is. Or you could just take the hood off and pull the radiator and front accesories and do it that way. Thats the way I did it on the 72.

No worries Dan...and yeah, I was gonna pull the hood and everything up front and go about it that way.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts