Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

F350 Crew

My first post here. Have been a long time Generation 6 owner/enthusiast. Just brought home a 1995 F350 Crew Cab, 460, 2WD, automatic, so now reading through the Gen 7 stuff. Lots of good information here and I am sure it will be good help as I go through this thing. The truck had not been driven for quite a while and it ran terrible when I picked it up in Lake City, FL. The engine techs at Historic Lake City Auto really took care of that. Driving it back home to KC I did have one persistently annoying problem that I really have not looked into yet. Maybe someone can make a suggestion. It has two fuel tanks. For the first fuel load, the fuel gauge initially did not come off empty when on the front tank, but after about 30 miles it worked perfectly. In all other front tankfuls after that first one, the gauge always read empty. It always orked well for the rear tank. Any ideas? Sending unit?

Fellro

Staff member
Most likely. Pretty common issue, even on other brands.

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
I would agree about it most likely being the sending unit. The one on my rear fuel tank is not 100%.

Welcome, and we would love to see some pictures of the crew cab!

Ford Truck Articles