Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fog lights (?)

Just wondering why I have to turn my headlights on then pull out for my fog lights to work and I see others with just fog lights on? How do they do that? :headbang: Just wondering if there is a trick? Thanks!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
For more light on rural roads...that "rule" is a freaking joke.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
He just wants the fogs on by themselves, but the reason is to have more light to see, so why would someone just want the fog lights on without the headlights? Never could see a reason other than the cool factor. I agree Duncan that they should stay on when your high beams are on though.

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm not sure on that one, maybe a way to have a kind of daytime running light?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm not sure on that one, maybe a way to have a kind of daytime running light?

Well just to let you know they are NOT against the law in NH. I use them during the twilight hours with my marker lights on.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Well just to let you know they are NOT against the law in NH. I use them during the twilight hours with my marker lights on.

What isn't?...the highs on with the fogs or DRL?
On the question you had, you might want to check and see if it is possible through programming..or barring that, you could wire it that way....my bike is setup like that...fogs work independantly of the headlights period.

What isn't?...the highs on with the fogs or DRL?
On the question you had, you might want to check and see if it is possible through programming..or barring that, you could wire it that way....my bike is setup like that...fogs work independantly of the headlights period.
Thank you! Just the answer I was looking for!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Thank you! Just the answer I was looking for!

I also have our SUV wired so the fog lights operate independently. It is not a ford, so I can't help with a procedure to do that. Projector beams on high and fog lights give VERY good coverage, especially when you're looking for deer both far and near.

If your state has annual inspections, ask the inspector that you use whats legal. Here fog lights wired separately would fail inspection.
Also brush guards that have the 4 little 1/4" bars that go in front of the head light are illegal.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
If your state has annual inspections, ask the inspector that you use whats legal. Here fog lights wired separately would fail inspection.
Also brush guards that have the 4 little 1/4" bars that go in front of the head light are illegal.

No inspection here.This is a run to failure state. :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts