Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

frankenford update 56K warning but NOT death

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
ok so as a few of you know im pretty much going ballz to the wallz right now on the truck! haha i want this thing in good running and driving condition for the summer!smilieFordlogo

so far this year(and the end of last year) i have put a cab visor on it, cab lights, grill guard lights, reinstalled the sound system, bed toolbox, ive got a ford 8.8" axle im building for it right now. it is going to be getting 3.55 gears (same as before) but its a posi axle(trac lock for those of you who hate me using a GM term :rolling laugh: ) the axle has all new brakes(literally everything from springs, drums, backing plates, adjusters, shoes, axle seals, wheel cylinders and so on). ive got new brake lines on it as well and a new brake hose for it too. im painting the diff cover as well. the axle is also getting new carrier clutches for the posi and new carrier and pinion bearings and gears...(just waiting for chris to shp them!!!!:wasntme: :angel: ) ive got new cab replacement body panels which are going on in 2 weeks to get rid of the rot on the cab. ive already rebuilt the motor 2 years ago and have a cam for it which im going to be installing hopefully in the summer sometime. i also have a new drivers door which is going on when the body work is done.

and i just found a transmission for the truck too! $100! haha it will be a week until he can get it pulled from the vehicle. oh and the brakes in the front have all been done as well as lines and all 6 shocks. i am planning on getting lift springs for the front to level it off and possibly new stock rear springs as well this summer....omfg i love my truck WAY to much!smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

just to give you guys, girls, and pigs a view of what ive done visually since ive bought it

here is what the truck looked like when i bought it(a few months after but nothing changed)
oh those are the 33"/10.5"/15" BFG's that came with it. the yellow light is my light i put on top when i bought it.(i thought i made it look like a construction vehicle and i avoided the cops with it haha) the only thing i did to it was ad the rear light covers in this picture.
DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1704.jpg

DSCF1700.jpg

here it is now
with 33"/12.5"/15" BFG's
0413091633.jpg

0413091634.jpg

0413091635b.jpg

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Bring 'er back from the dead baby! (okay fine, semi-dead)

I'll try to grab those gears this weekend if SOMEONE would remind me!! 'toetap'

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
A truck built is more rewarding that a truck bought. I can feel your excitement for the things that have been done the things that will be done. Congrats...can't wait to see a finished product.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I agree 100% If you buy someone elses truck, you also bought there problems. I prefer to create my own problems! LOL

Last edited:

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
thanks guys! yeah im not looking to build a show truck.just a daily driver and weekend warrior for light offroading. ill post a list of EVERYTHING ive done since ive owned it....its a long list. when im done it will drive like a new truck, but it wont look like it im trying to get EVERYTHING mechanically all set THEN go after the body work, like new fenders another new door a COWL hood(i photo chopped one on it and it looked incredible! once i get the body panels where i like it, im getting it painted(nothing crazy maybe just a macco job or somethign a bit better. same color white though)

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Nice work man, yea i know ur pain, i got 5 damn cars lol, tho i just bought someone elses probs with my 92, but im gettin em worked out and am then going to make my own lol. Keep it up, yea u really got to keep ontop of Chris, he tends to forget ha, Jk bud.

Looks good, I personally wouldn't have done the cab visor
because I hate them. But if you like it, keep it.

I agree on their looks but more on the idea of adding $%^ to 'em like steps
and chrome and other worthless crap. But with the visor... I'm thinking along
the line of adding one of them myself. :( ;)

I put the chrome side window visors on my '75, way back.

You know, being white it makes the vehicle cooler during the day and warmer
at night both, did you already knowed that already? Huh? :)

Alvin in AZ <-- visor country? ;)

Ford Truck Articles