Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel pump pains

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
Well everything has been going great today, I dropped the tank, and was ready to disconnect the old fuel pump. The only thing keeping the old fuel pump on was 3 wires, a yellow one, a red one, and a black one. The yellow wire had a quick connect so that came off easy, but then the black and red one were connect pretty tightly so I just cut the wire, problem is on one on the red wire, i cut the damn metal clip so now i cant butt splice the new wire because theres nothing to grab onto. I try to open up the gold clip that was holding the red wire down, but it got all bent and misshapen so now i don't know what to do because i cant rewire the red wire onto the new pump can i just buy that plug? I am probably sounding super confusing to u you guys.

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
My brother said he can solder the wire no problem, but says he wants me to disconnect the fuel lines so he can do it away from all the gas around the truck, good thinking right!? lol, anyway how the hell do you disconnect those damn fuel lines? I have tried everything, and they just wont pop off, is there a method to the madness?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You need a fuel line disconnect tool. Here's a few of different styles:

7881.jpg

31PCZHFZTNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

648339.jpg

They all accomplish the same thing--- but the metal ones work a whole lot better than the plastic ones.

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
hmm is it hard to use? Still sorra confused how it would work

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
The end of the fuel line is like a cup, and there is a spring loaded locking mechanism inside. You use one of the above tools to shove a sleeve up inside of the end of the fuel line, which pushes back on the spring loaded mechanism and unlocks the line to allow you to pull it off. Just get the tool and you'll see how it works.

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
Thank you Chris. I got the part and the lines popped right off, I even did the fuel filter as well. I got the tank wired up, put back together, and now the tank works again. Thanks again chris.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
WTF!

Well of course now the fuel lines from the rear tank are completely rusted through, and where the rear tank connects with the middle tank in the T, it just snapped off. I am so angry, I don't know why someone would reuse those old fuel lines when they replaced me rear tank and fuel pump for me, wtf...Anyway do you guys know where i could find new fuel lines, and what it may involve to reattach new lines?

andym

Real men are fanatics
I would get them from Ford. I wouldn't trust aftermarket for fuel lines.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
The reason they didn't replace was the expense. I seen new OEM on eBay go for $$$ so I'd hate to see OEM ones.

As for aftermarkets lines . I never tried to get them for truck . And with a quick look at some catologs .

I have tried several times to get after market lines . Seems if its fuel injected no kits out there. Because of fittings etc.

But surly someone here knows a Company that will do them

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts