Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Funny story... kinda

So one day me and my buddy were told by his grampa to go to the store. We took his old 1984 F-150 with a 4.9 and 3 speed overdrive. On the way back, we decided to take it down a little dirt road that is good for sliding around on. The truck is a single cab short bed, so we thought it oughtta do decent around the corners. We went down it and decided to just turn around and go back down it instead of having to drive all the way back around. So my buddy spins the truck sideways in the road and pulls forward barely into the ditch to turn around. The truck stalls... Pretty normal since the clutch was going out and it didn't hold very well. Then it rolled further into the ditch. He goes to start the truck and it just makes this God awful whining/screeching noise. I new what it was, but my buddy about crapped his pants. We got out of the truck to push it and make it sit more level again so it would start. This whole time, my friend thinks that he broke something and he's gonna have to tell his grampa that he broke his truck. Once we got it back on the road, he tried starting it again and it started but died right after. He's still going insane. It finally started for good and we went straight back to his house. We never told his grampa and my friend didn't calm back down until that night.

I still think it was pretty funny. He does too now that he knows what it was. I figured some of you might get a kick out of reading about somebody that doesn't know much about mechanics freaking out over something little.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
haha! cool, thanks for sharing. At least it wasn't a power slide towards a pole and stopping only inches away! to quote a song, "The guy beside me was white as a Ghost!)

I did close to that.. Was riding back home in the Flareside and this was before new tires all the way around. Had just got done raining and as riding toward a sharp corner, went to hit the brakes, and truck locked up tires and slide straight, straight ahead was telephone pole. Not only that but was a guy riding a bike, and litterally bike rider sped up just enough for me not to hit him, and luckily truck stopped bout 2 ft short of the telephone pole..

Shit my pants and next day went and got new tires all way around. Knew I was needing tires.. Just didn't wanna spend the money.. This was in July when got these tires on the truck now..

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
I did close to that.. Was riding back home in the Flareside and this was before new tires all the way around. Had just got done raining and as riding toward a sharp corner, went to hit the brakes, and truck locked up tires and slide straight, straight ahead was telephone pole. Not only that but was a guy riding a bike, and litterally bike rider sped up just enough for me not to hit him, and luckily truck stopped bout 2 ft short of the telephone pole..

FTF my pants and next day went and got new tires all way around. Knew I was needing tires.. Just didn't wanna spend the money.. This was in July when got these tires on the truck now..

geez Chris that was close! dam, telephone pole one thing, but a guy on a bike too!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts