Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gallery viewing issue/question

Fellro

Staff member
I have had this before, and it is annoying in that when I try to view a member's gallery, for some reason when I click the next image shown, it will end up hopping to another member's gallery within a pic or so. I can't seem to stay in one gallery. What the heck am I doing wrong, or is there some setting that I need to do or what? It seems I can never stay in the gallery I am in.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've experienced the same problem. I dunno what the deal is...it's almost like the next button is a randomizer.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
are you guys clicking on the "more>>>" or "next image".

the thumbnails at the top will scroll through part of the users album (depending where you start) and then continue on to another user using the "more". Above that on the blue title bar there should be a "next image" on there that should scroll through the users photos.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
one other thing too. The pictures showing when you open the gallery are the "recent photos", if you click on of those and then try to scroll it will scroll you through the list of "recent photos". To get to a members gallery from one of those pics you have to click on the pic and then scroll down under their username and click "users gallery". After that you should be able to scroll through the users gallery.

Fellro

Staff member
I went in to Buzzgun's gallery, and it did it to me... That is what tripped me on this whole episode... I click the pics that show, as well as the next image and it does the same thing.

Fellro

Staff member
When I go through by clicking on their user name, I get the scramble. That way worked like it is supposed to...

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
may I ask where at or what part of the site/gallery your are at when you click their username? might help me narrow it down and see what the problem might be.

not sure why but it seems the way the gallery is designed you have to jump through a few hoops to get to the actual users gallery.

Fellro

Staff member
I click the user name in a post, then go to their profile. Once on their profile, I click to go to their gallery. All looks fine at that point, click on a pic, and it gives the jumble.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
ok
forgive me for not knowing exactly why but it really isn't taking you to their actual gallery. It's actually a listing of that users recent, most popular, and random photos. So when you click on one of the photo's in the listed boxes it takes you to that section of the site gallery (random,most popular, and recent). That's why it jumps around because you're then viewing random, most popular, or recent photos from everyone and not just that user anymore.

I can look around and see if I can redirect it to the correct spot. The gallery list stuff a little funny and that is why it currently takes you to that spot.

Fellro

Staff member
Looks to be working fine, it is nice! YelloThumbUp

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts