Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Gears

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Never went any higher (numerically) than 4.10's in these trucks stock.

1979AxleCodes.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Am I blind Dennis, I'm not seeing a code 25 on what you posted.

And that's the first I've ever paid attention to that code 28...learn something new every day.

The above was for 1979

THis one is for 1978

FordAxleCodes.JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dennis, was there a trend towards which vehicles those D70's with 4.56's went in to? I realize 350's, but were they available for passenger trucks or just Cab/chassis?

Found it ...coming soon

1976AxleCodes.jpg

Last edited:
Dennis, was there a trend towards which vehicles those D70's with 4.56's went in to? I realize 350's, but were they available for passenger trucks or just Cab/chassis?

i would say just 2x4s I myself have never seen a Dana 70 in a 4x4 and if they have 4:56 gears in the 70 what would they have run for a front i didn't see any codes for a 60 with those gears !

I have a front axle seal leak in my 78 - perfect reason to swap some 4.56s in with some lockers :D

Sorry for the random comment lol proceed...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I have a front axle seal leak in my 78 - perfect reason to swap some 4.56s in with some lockers :D

Sorry for the random comment lol proceed...

random as hell...and from an FTF veteran. WTH, you don't come around here for weeks and just start thread jacking outta the blue? Good day sir.

random as hell...and from an FTF veteran. WTH, you don't come around here for weeks and just start thread jacking outta the blue? Good day sir.

Ben, not everyone has all day at work to banter back and forth on here! :guns:

Been pretty hectic at work and school. Have a little break between my next class though so here I am.

Ford Truck Articles