Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got my truck weighed today....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
With a full tank of gas, empty bed, clean truck, and driver, she weighed in at 5580#. Lighter than I thought.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
240# less D*CK! HAHAHA

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I don't know what she weighed in kilo's??? you figure it! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I prefer "cheap date"!

when i weighed my 93 f150 4x4 super cab it was about 4800. what makes the new ones heavier

i always assumed the fiberglass was lighter, but someone said the other day that the fiberglass was heavier than the metal they used. is that the cause?

Oh, OK......The gen 9 and I believe 10 'flareside' fenders are fiberglass. Doc's truck is a 'styleside' and is all metal.
gotcha - i always thought "the older, the heavier" and maybe that's not the case
EDIT: 500 lbs isn't huge either. 100 in the gas tank, 200 in a few tools, bigger engine, auto trans, etc. i guess it could add up pretty quick

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
when i weighed my 93 f150 4x4 super cab it was about 4800. what makes the new ones heavier

i always assumed the fiberglass was lighter, but someone said the other day that the fiberglass was heavier than the metal they used. is that the cause?

No glass on my truck. could be the bigger tires on the truck, but the new rims are ALOT lighter than even the stock cast aluminum.

Oh, OK......The gen 9 and I believe 10 'flareside' fenders are fiberglass. Doc's truck is a 'styleside' and is all metal.

VERY thin metal, but metal yet. LOL

gotcha - i always thought "the older, the heavier" and maybe that's not the case
EDIT: 500 lbs isn't huge either. 100 in the gas tank, 200 in a few tools, bigger engine, auto trans, etc. i guess it could add up pretty quick

Yeah I had 25 gal. of fuel and a 240# driver, I don't know how much the gas weighs but I am half of the 500# right there. :headbang:

Pffffft. Light weight Doc!! :p

Thank god, my little motor couldn't handle it if it was heavier!smilietease

Ford Truck Articles