Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Got pissed at my 6 litre. bought an f-150

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Yep. Had enough of the 6.0 for a while. So I moth balled it beside the house, jumped in the woman's honda pilot, went down to the dealer and snagged me a f-150.

Now I know why u guys like these things so much. Drive very very nice. But the seats suck. In all 6 I sat in...some suckier than others. Needs moar foooame.

Anyways ended up with an 08 fx4. Pretty shiney, I like shiney.

Pics coming. Not much to see. All stock. Smells funny. Like old people farts.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Well, there's another project doomed to the dust pile....

What color shiny?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Silver. Id get pics but all you would see would be rain drops right now. Uggh, North Idaho.

Dont worry the 6.0 is on top of the priority list.

Need to drive my butt back to work sunday, and it wasn't gonna do it for me, and the flareside is only 2wd, asking for Death by Snow going with that.

the 6.0 will be fixed soon, im just not sure I can tackle it, it will probably have to go in to get fixed at a shop. Im not sure if ill even keep it. Maybe ill do a dual trade in on a raptor :)

My mate in Yuba City has an 08 fx4 - we spent three weeks in september hauling a trailer around collecting engines and parts with up to 7000lb loads - travelled across to Reno and multiple trips down to the Bay area.
Really comfortable truck to ride in whether you're in the passenger seat or the rear - He's had it since new and now has 220k miles on the clock with no problems ..... didn't notice the old fart smell at all though :) :)

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
You'll get used to the seats. I thought the same thing when I got mine, but the foam is more firm, and when you get your butt groove worn in properly...... it's very very nice-a.

I think in 2008 they tuned it to get a few more horsies out of the 5.4. Went from 300hp -> 315hp, iirc. Enjoy it man, it's a nice ride.

One thing I'll say about the 5.4 is that it doesn't feel fast, but when I hooked a 17 foot trailer full of furniture and various other "I'm moving" household junk, it didn't struggle at all. It did really well.

Ryan

Yep. Had enough of the 6.0 for a while. So I moth balled it beside the house, jumped in the woman's honda pilot, went down to the dealer and snagged me a f-150.

Now I know why u guys like these things so much. Drive very very nice. But the seats suck. In all 6 I sat in...some suckier than others. Needs moar foooame.

Anyways ended up with an 08 fx4. Pretty shiney, I like shiney.

Pics coming. Not much to see. All stock. Smells funny. Like old people farts.

Nice! :)

Shiney is good :)

old people farts.....Ack!

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Whoever said these things were bladder busters wasn't lying. 4 hours after fueling up I have a half tank. Driving 77 mph. No way I'll make to a fuel stop.

Noooo way

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Now when I get pissed, I buy a beer, maybe evens bottle of rum if it isn't far till payday, but a whole truck? Geez.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Getting to test out the slick road capabilities. Was 25 degrees and raining. Now it's 23 and snowing. Gonna be fun

Attachments

• 1415575044019-1201614712.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Whee!!

Hope it came with some decent tires.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Every time I think I miss the snow, I remember I don't have to drive in it any more.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
You can drive fast in snow too, albeit not safely. You should have saw me last winter in New Hampshire trying to get to the beer store before it closed. I got there, mostly sideways.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts